Dang picky goats! Won't eat their Purina

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
* OFG sitting, wondering if SD had a bowl of purina goat chow for breakfast.. you know it DOES smell good.... *

they'll eat it, eventually
;-)

our breeder has extraordinary, custom mixed feed and it always takes Vita a couple days to realize that she gets our crappy food or nothing. after that then she's very happy to eat what we give her.

and yes goats are picky... which is why we have chickens b/c they will snarf down any of the leavins

:)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Ahhhh. You took away their candy and giving them broccoli. Got it! LOL

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have an image in my head of you packing up the goats for a nice drive to the feed store where they may taste test :lol: Once there they sniff all the bags of food only to pick the one on the very bottom of the pile. And of course they reject it...
My goats would be in a free-for-all knock down, tear open, insert snout and get to business. Sometimes I wish they were a little more picky :p Perdy is just ballooning out, but she's thin where she needs to be. I'm dreaming of a large litter...(is that what a bunch of goat babies is called?)

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I think our goats could certainly come from pods with their little alien heads :lol: Say, have you noticed that as lamanchas get bigger with pregnancy, their heads shrink? It's disturbing :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
YES!

plus Debbie is all lovey-dovey moony...she's freakin' me out man.. i felt her belly today - with her protesting the whole time - she's doing great.

i still think Nibbles has about 47 babies in there.. then i'll have a pod of goats for sure
;-)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Hm.....I can almost hear "I'm dreaming of a large litter...." set to the tune of White Christmas.

Yes, I'm sure they would enjoy a trip to town to taste test. The wether especially.

And Purina for breakfast....I wonder how it would be with goat's milk?

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:gig ...with goat's milk...SD, I just about choked on my drink!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Javamama said:
:gig ...with goat's milk...SD, I just about choked on my drink!
Well I'm glad someone is getting a kick out of this!

Actually it is pretty funny. OFG always injects a little humor into things when she comes around the Dizzy Dog Ranch.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
...more like the picky goat ranch ;)

I like Dizzy Dog, by the way :)

OK, enough fun. I gotta get some work done.