Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
y'know that feeling like your life is starting to fall apart into disorganization and you're about to screw everything up?
OH boy, do I! I almost made a huge screw-up. I thought my insurance pmts were going to be deducted from my retirement check. I found out at 10pm Friday, 1.31, that I needed to make the premium pmt myself. It was due 2.1. and they don't accept late pmts. Couldn't be paid online...I had no choice but to drive to Austin (200 miles) the next day and put the pmt in the bldg.'s drop box. High stress and anxiety! But, I called them today and all should be well.

If we had our insurance canceled with all of DH's 'issues' life would have disintegrated around us... :(

My advice - pay attention those little voices that tell you something is amiss!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
You're right @frustratedearthmother ! (and oh, my, that sounds so stressful! I hope you were able to enjoy the road trip on the way home?!) I forgot I had invited my mom over for this afternoon to caption old family photos. Thank goodness I remembered in time. Even parked my car out of the way and put ash down on the slippery spots. :D Also forgot I'm supposed to go to her house this weekend.

Today I had
9:30 - buy a plant
10:00 - DS12's therapy appointment
then drive home 45 miles with 5 minutes to spare and get DS4 on the schoolbus, and 10 minutes to get ready for my mom's visit.

Thankful I've had about half-hour to rest, next to go get DS4 from the schoolbus and then I'll have 90 minutes for my entire to-do list before dog training class. Weeeeeee! :weee

DS12 is on a higher dose of methylphenidate today, so he's quiet and not interrupting me every 15 seconds. That's a relief.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I've been working on paper piles - scanning and purging. I got through a lot yesterday. I was starting to feel "caught up" yesterday afternoon, but there's a whole lot on my to-do list that has been there for years. I really want that old list resolved! I think I'll feel much better, less stressed.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I HATE dealing with paperwork. I have a hard time figuring out what's important to save vs. what I should toss. then... it gets set aside while I tend to something else... only to get buried, and then resurface as an even bigger monster. And... now, I'm also managing some paperwork for my Dad, step-mom with dementia issues. I find notebooks to be helpful.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for some things there are legal requirements, local, state, federal...

anything to do with income and taxes, investments, retirement accounts, health savings, property, large improvements and any kind of building that required a permit.

the worst of my problem was that i didn't deal with these when i got them in the first place and they were sitting in piles and then i had to move so they got stuck in a box to move them and then they were stuffed in a closet where i'd have to keep moving to work around them.

when i was going through them last month a lot of the mail i hadn't even opened as it was statements and i already knew what was on them. nothing too important. now i keep any new papers visible and they don't ever get put away. out of sight is out of mind for me and papers. i have a binder that i keep things in that Mom would need if something happens to me. anything else eventually gets shredded. the envelopes with plastic windows in them i'll cut out the plastic and shred the rest for worm food/bedding.

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
good things gettind done this week. not necessarily winnowing anything down yet, but at least the potential is there now for the rest of the week. now that i've gotten all my chores and todo tasks for the week done. finished up what i had to do for Mom's taxes today so she can get those sent off. that was the last item i had.

the rest of the week i need to do these things:

- get ready for the seed swap on Sunday
- rest up in between bouts of that
- read a book or ...
- goof around... :)
- take a nap or ...

- maybe trim a tree a little if i can get Mom to hold the ladder.

- be happy and thankful.

Latest posts