Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH and a neighbor both shot deer but didnt recover them. DH called a guy who has a hound trained to track blood trails and theyre all out looking for the 2 deer.

I have <20# of meat left in my freezer. This is the least I've ever had. We gave a lot away during early COVID crisis. 💓 so thankful we could do that. We are definitely ready for hunting season.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
The tracking dog found DH's deer. The reason the humans lost the trail is because the deer fell off a steep/high bank into the river! DH had to wade down the river because the banks were impassable, float it upriver and drag through a swamp. 30 degrees F windchill, probably lower since we are in a windy microclimate. Brrrr! 😨 He is hanging it now. First use of his cold room!
😊

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Glad they found it. Nobody loves to lose one. Not good for the deer or the human when that happens! Hope it helps fill your freezer! Want a pig to go with? I've got too many, lol!
I want a pig! Your bacon is so beautiful!

A neighbor has feeder pigs for sale right now. Maybe someday? I dont have any fence that will hold a pig so feeding one out isnt great option for us.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I want a pig! Your bacon is so beautiful!

A neighbor has feeder pigs for sale right now. Maybe someday? I dont have any fence that will hold a pig so feeding one out isnt great option for us.
Two words - 1. Electric 2. Fence.

A couple good hits and they will definitely respect it. But - they do know whenever it's off...

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad they found the deer...with the cold, it's surely preserved. In fact, may be colder outside than in the "cold room". 😁

It's true about pigs and electric. I can keep one in electric way, WAY easier than a goat. My goats laugh as I put it up. The horses are good with it, too.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I built my Pig Palace. I love it, pigs are happy, even have a steer in there now. I’ll post a link when I get on my computer. Properly set up, you could easily care for them yourself.

Glad they found the deer! Venison!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm unusally energetic today. Forgot a drink mix contains caffeine and had 2. Weeeeee! 🤣

I finally did a thing I've been wanting to do and have been afraid of. (Poor DH is not amused.) I love it!
20201103_093937.jpg

Beatiful weather, sunny, low 70s, gentle breeze. 😍 Nice break after being in the 20s - 30s!

I'm cleaning and staying busy today. Avoiding the news and social media because of the election.

Boi is practicing lying on his bed and STAYING there. Not flopping, creeping, or oozing off of it, or walking away. He doesnt like this lesson at all.