Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh dang.... challenging times. So sorry you're dealing with that! :hugsIt's really hard to take care of others when you're exhausted. Makes me think about the time that my folks were living here. I didn't get a full night's sleep for months...and that made it hard to do anything well. Hope the medication helps your son. Not trying to be flippant at all - and you're most likely already on top of this - but fresh batteries in the smoke alarms might be a good idea....

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
He has (had? 🤞) been starting them in outbuildings. He had two very close calls. One near compustible/explosive fluid/vapors. The other he tossed the into a wood bin and left. It was not put out all the way. 😣 He is getting to be a danger to himself, but not in a way that we can chapter 51 him. Very frustrating!

I'm waiting for information from a day treatment center/alternative school. 100 mile round trip commute per day might be worth it. Boarding schools are beyond our budget yet we dont qualify for financial aid.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am so, so sorry. I sincerely hope you can find a workable solution and know from what I went through with my son, just how hard it is. When he was about 9 he was in his bedroom with the door partly closed. I smelled smoke and ran in. He had lit a paper towel on fire and then when he heard me coming shoved it down between the wall and the bed. He had one of those cheap bed spreads that was nylon-ish and it very quickly started smoldering. Very scary and thankfully - it scared him enough that he didn't try anything like that again.

Latest posts