Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Another productive day! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now!
  • I walked my dog for 55 minutes in the morning before the cold front hit. I have to walk him for at least 50 more minutes this week.
  • DS7 finished sewing his pants. They turned out really nice!
  • DS15 finished sewing his hoodie. It's... not great, but thank goodness he actually finished something. He learned a bit too. "RIGHT SIDES TOGETHER!" :gig
  • DS7 made most of a cupcake cake. He made a Yule tree. We still need to make frosting for the trunk, and bake star-shaped sugar cookies for the top.
  • Both kids baked cupcakes.
  • DS7 trained my dog for agility. He'll do agility in 4-H in 2 years. They made a little progress on weave poles. They're starting running contacts too. (it's not going well)
  • DS7 walked my dog a couple times. He'll do obedience in 4-H in 1 year, so it's important that they learn to walk together well in advance
  • We painted rocks for an upcoming event. 3 sets of samples done. DS15 started painting the rocks solid colors. It will make the class flow better. The class is for 5K - 2nd grade, so the worst part is getting the backgrounds painted (waiting for several coats of paint to dry). We need to prep about 100 rocks.
DS15 has a list of tasks he needs to do at a computer at the library tomorrow. I hope he gets them all done!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
  • I finished my dog walking for the week! 7 weeks to go!
  • Baked cookies. (DH and DS7 made the dough while I took a nap, DS7 and I rolled them out and baked them)
  • Cleaned up my house from all the kids' projects this week
  • Took another nap!
  • Made kids' clean their rooms! (that's work!)
  • I videorecorded DS7 training my dog weave poles for agility. They're ready for the next step!
I have a busy day tomorrow and I'm looking forward to MONDAY morning! Put DS7 on the bus and drop DS15 at the library! I'll be FREE! :weee

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
It's MONDAY! :weee

I trained dogs at the shelter. There is a black dog who gets frustrated easily and barks. I taught her the "quiet bark" trick. She's still frustrated, but she wasn't stressing out the other dogs. Winning!

Now that I can hear myself think, I'm scrambling to develop materials for a 4-H class I'm teaching this weekend. Typical! :gig I have one more class the following weekend and then I should be done with solo events for this year. If I don't sign up for more...

It's above freezing, sunny and not windy! Time to walk the dog!