Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow, I really missed sharing a lot of updates lately.

I stopped volunteering for 4-H dog project. Some drama went down, rules broken, incorrect info given to parents, it was ugly. I called it out (appropriately, chain of command, etc) and stepped down from that role until they fix the issues. I sleep better at night now.

great! knowing your limits is a good part of happiness. :) i'm glad you got out and i hope things improve in the future.

I was promoted at the shelter, so I'm doing a lot more there. There's a huge backlog of little mundane tasks that never got done. We need to catch up enough to be able to train new staff and volunteers right (the first time). There's a new shelter manager. I like how she thinks. She's young and doesn't have a lot of experience, but she'll grow into the position. I think there are good things coming in the future.

:) i think it is one of the hardest roles any person could take. too many animals and irresponsible people (don't get me started... *arg!*)...

i'm so glad you can help out. :)

My dog is able to be home alone, loose in the house, for a few hours at a time now! He only got into mischief once - he "pruned" one of my houseplants and ate the trimmings. Can't leave succulents within his reach! Thankfully it was a non-toxic plant. He has come a long way.

haha! cactus thorns are not things easily forgotten.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Drama is good entertainment - as long as it's not my drama? :gig

DS16 has been unbearable. He has been avoiding school work due to anxiety and watching youtube instead, then taking out his anxiety with stealing and aggression at home. He finally got an anxiety diagnosis (after 8 years...!!!), and treatment. But the medication probably won't take effect until after the end of the school year. If he doesn't catch up on schoolwork he will not be allowed to re-enroll next year. IDK what we're going to do...

DS7 has a birthday coming up. He's excited!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What are you going to do with that boy? He’s close, age wise, to being a grown man. The mean ol’ world won’t put up with his crap and he has no clue. You do all you can and he still has no clue.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My nephew, who just turned 34 this week, was over the top ADHD. OVER THE TOP. My sis said that when he turns 18, she's kicking him out of the house, which she didn't. When he's on meds, he was a pleasure to be around and a good guy, but he rejected all of that when he turned 15 and has been struggling ever since.

He did get married to a gal from India. They did buy a condo and they did have a child who will be 2. But he still struggles and is always mad at the world. In fact, the marriage is struggling too.

I believe that medications are an invention from God and placed into human minds to create to help the afflicted. When they want help. I need my med to function, and thank you God for allowing that husband of mine to finally accept help via a med, which has helped to make our re-marriage a success.

Boy oh boy, have I been on a soap box today!! :oops: But maybe my 68 years of experience can be helpful to others.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My nephew, who just turned 34 this week, was over the top ADHD. OVER THE TOP. My sis said that when he turns 18, she's kicking him out of the house, which she didn't. When he's on meds, he was a pleasure to be around and a good guy, but he rejected all of that when he turned 15 and has been struggling ever since.
ooof, that's relatable. DS16 is great unless he is anxious. And ADHD meds make him anxious. School makes him anxious. People make him anxious.

He has been taught coping skills, but he refuses them. It's maddening. Therapy is basically paying a lot of money for someone else to tell him the exact same things I've been saying for the last decade.

Praying the meds work. I don't think efficacy of psychiatric medications is very good. But if he believes they will work, then they will.