Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My family went used car shopping yesterday. DH picked 3 models based on towing capacity and fuel efficiency, and I narrowed it down to 1. Unfortunately it was the more expensive option. But the others would cause chronic pain from the way the seats are shaped. So now we'll wait until we find one with the right features, mileage, and price. There's one that fits, so if it's still there on DH's next day off we might get it quickly. Could be months of shopping/waiting. IDK.

I'm still working on paring down all my obligations, especially the maddening ones like cleaning up after my kids and dealing with their lack of daily routines. I decided to skip 4-H next year. I just can't fit it into the kids' schedules. Maybe if they miraculously start doing what they've been told, but I can't imagine that happening anytime soon. I threw away half-done 4-H projects and put 4-H shirts into a storage tub in the basement. I donated bags of craft supplies, and threw away bags of trash. I'm so over this. I hate it so much!

I still need to clean my basement. Again! DS8 roots through boxes and strews it. Half of my basement is knee deep! Feels like we just went through a major cleanup! Feels like all I do in the basement is clean a monumental mess. IDK how much of it I can throw away. Most of it is useful and gets used. Canning supplies, dog training equipment, camper supplies, seasonal clothing, etc. I might do a hard purge of games - just the ones that end up on the floor over and over and over...
I may not be the right one to comment- I throw things out- trash it,
If you hate 4H trash it

Things like camping and canning are keepers, survival gear is important
Clothes no one has used in the last year - for me - would be gone-
Games and toys that are not used- gone
I am pro- minimalist, 🤪

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
... etc. I might do a hard purge of games - just the ones that end up on the floor over and over and over...

take it all and pile it in the kids rooms since they're the ones making the mess. if they sort it out and put it away then they must want to find it again. if they don't let it sit there until they figure it out. some kids don't ever.

i'm a clutter person but i also am a clutter for a reason person. when i have something out i have it out because i am working on it. eventually when it gets done i put it away. some projects i may have out for months or longer. oops. but that's what my brain does. i'm also a horizontal organizer (out of sight means out of mind) so please don't move my stuff in my room. that's about all i can suggest on that front, good luck. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
MRI today. Got results back. Mostly good news. No sign of chronic pancreatitis, no damage to pancreas. 🙌 There are a bunch of small lesions on my liver. Gonna do a cancer screening blood test. If that's negative, I'll pretend they don't exist.

No gallstones mentioned. Are they gone already? 🙏 or maybe just drowning in sludge. IDK. Sludge means I keep taking the medication anyway. I have a recheck ultrasound in a few months so no need for me to worry about it.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm getting a "new" car this week. Usually DH spends months car shopping, but the right car at the right price is right there... Surprise!

Not sure what to do with my car. It's driveable. DS16 should be inheriting it but he doesn't have enough emotional regulation, attention, or spatial awareness. Park it until he's 18? The mice would eat it? Keep it for a "farm/dog truck" to keep my new car clean? And then pass it to DS16 when he turns 18? Sell it? It's not worth much. We won't/can't trade it in since we're still waiting on insurance to settle over hail damage last month.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
New-to-me car in my driveway. Old car was totalled and picked up by the insurance company.

I survived the first day of school. Up at 5 a.m. 😫 DH is getting DS8 through math practice. What a relief! It's not going well for them either. I'm glad it's not just me. I made supper instead.

I organized a kitchen cabinet today. 🎉

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm having a hard time adjusting to school schedule. 5 a.m. wake-up for me. Yesterday I was so tired that DH did kids' morning routine. I slept all day. Today was better.

I cleaned my kitchen. Started painting kids' bedrooms. (Didn't get far) I need to find something to declutter today. Hopefully enough to justify a donation trip to Goodwill.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I organized a cabinet. Found things to throw away, but nothing to donate. No Goodwill trip today. I'll be close enough tomorrow I might drop them off. If not, then Sunday. I'll get it gone somehow!

I had a decent day, did a lot of cleaning that was overdue. Kids didn't do well on their routines. Ooof! Someday???!