Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I ran almost 1/2 mile today. I had to stop a couple times, but was better than I expected. I was trying to trigger a response I've had in the past to measure heart rate and blood pressure. It didn't happen, which is probably good. I collected some interesting data too. It wasn't terribly scary so I might pick up running again a little at a time when I can.

I stayed home from the vacation cabin today, DH took the kids in the evening. I've been practicing piano a lot to try to get ready for my lesson tomorrow. I haven't made as much progress as I'd hoped for. The weather was idyllic today, so I just enjoyed it while putzing with housework.

We had hay delivered - 179 small square bales. It's really good hay! DH was impressed!

Our plumbing backed up, but DH managed to get the clog out. :love

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm back to working on sprucing up the guest bedroom. Painting is 90% done. DH is taking a nap so I might be able to finish it tonight. I ran some errands this morning and took a nap. Haven't done anything other than painting.

I ordered a few things to finish out the guest room - a small bedside table, a blanket, pillowcases and nightlights. I'm impatient for them to arrive! I want the project done so I can cross it off my list!

I made a list of things I want to have done before winter. Oh boy.... now THAT is overwhelming! I'm eager to start whatever is next on my list.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'm back to working on sprucing up the guest bedroom. Painting is 90% done. DH is taking a nap so I might be able to finish it tonight. I ran some errands this morning and took a nap. Haven't done anything other than painting.

I ordered a few things to finish out the guest room - a small bedside table, a blanket, pillowcases and nightlights. I'm impatient for them to arrive! I want the project done so I can cross it off my list!

I made a list of things I want to have done before winter. Oh boy.... now THAT is overwhelming! I'm eager to start whatever is next on my list.

I know that feeling!!! We couldn't get anything done around here without our seasonal lists and quite often we roll items over to the next season when we can't get them done in a timely fashion. But that eagerness to complete a project and get it off the list is well known to me. Right now I'm so far behind on that list that I think I'm first. :rolleyes:

Things to be done before winter? Ok I understand that. I'm working on my list too - but it's the list of things to be done before LAST winter! LOL

:gig That's what I had to do too! Never DID get that list completed. :barnie Now it's added to the spring/summer list, which is huge now. It would all be exhausting if it wasn't such a blessing to have something constructive to do in this world and the body/mobility with which to do it.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Having lists for tasks needing completing before spring/winter/Christmas is great… But no-one said anything about WHICH spring/winter/Christmas you have in mind... ;) You know they come round every year, so if the tasks get done in time for this year's or the next it's all good in my mind :D

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Guest room is almost done! Just need to get wall anchors and hang up hooks. Might add bath towels for guests too. It's not necessary, but seems like it would be nice. My cousin confirmed she'll be staying overnight here on her and new hubby's way home after honeymoon.

IMG_2581.JPG

I lost my car keys over 3 WEEKS ago. I'm working through one room at a time, deep cleaning and going through everything. Also purging as I go. I don't know how this house gets so messy. Feels like I'm endlessly cleaning! It's pretty and empty when everything is put away, but then I blink and everything explodes and is cluttered everywhere. Everywhere!!!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That room looks great! Sorry to hear about your lost keys, I hope you'll find them soon. Good idea to clean as you search though! You may find some other previously lost items as you go along now :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a really good bad day! :gig I wasn't fatigued or nauseated and my tachycardia upon standing was moderate. However, I've been very dizzy today! I fell (hard!) 10 times and fainted once. My knees, hips, shoulder, teeth and head hurt from the falls. DH saw me faint - my glasses went flying! - and then saw me on the floor when I fell hard a minute or so later. I'm happy he's starting to see how hard this all is on me.

In good news, without the fatigue and nausea, I was able to get a lot of housework done! I filled a garbage bag and purged a paper grocery bag worth of donations for goodwill. I made supper, breakfast casserole. I did 5 loads of laundry - got all the bedding washed. Floors swept and vacuumed. Third decent day in a row so my house is looking quite clean now!

DS10 behaved himself today, only have 5 or 6 tantrums. He's trying to manipulate me into not sending him to public school this fall. Nice try! :gig But I'm enjoying the respite from his nasty behavior.

DS2 pee-ed in the potty SIX times! :celebrate