Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh! Baymax is feeling better, back to eating kibble and not vomiting! Omeprazole is working for her! She needs to regain weight again.

She is benefitting from Boi. She is learning new behaviors from him, like ringing a bell to go outside, and chewing on rawhide and kong type toys. She likes to join in whatever he is doing. 😍 Its good to see her doing something other than sleeping and regurgitating (and vomiting!).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
ouch on the insurance! I hope the medications work for him. They didn't for our son, but that's because he was diagnosed with ADHD, when what he really has is Autism Spectrum Disorder (it helps to get the right diagnosis)
@Britesea you are prescient! You wrote this to me 5 years ago. Its becoming apparent DS13 likely has autism rather than, or in addition to, ADHD.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If he has autism, he is eligible for disability. Don't know if you're interested in pursuing that. DS had no trouble getting it-- first check came less than 2 months after he first applied. An acquaintance of ours has not been so lucky: 2 years, and he is still fighting with the govt on that. I don't know why, maybe it depends on who is processing the claim.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If he has autism, he is eligible for disability. Don't know if you're interested in pursuing that. DS had no trouble getting it-- first check came less than 2 months after he first applied. An acquaintance of ours has not been so lucky: 2 years, and he is still fighting with the govt on that. I don't know why, maybe it depends on who is processing the claim.
How old was your son when he was diagnosed with ASD?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He was 24 when he was finally diagnosed. I don't know what kind of money a minor would get, but I do know there are other special programs and such that might help.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I discovered the magic of online thrift shopping. I loved the selection on ThredUP and finally have some winter clothes that are warm and comfy.

Boi is growing so fast right now. He fit size medium leather harness when I got him. I ordered a large of the same style. 4 days later it arrives and he fits only with the buckle in the last hole. 😂😣 returning that one. Their XL isnt even big enough that I'm comfortable sizing up. How big is this dog going to get?! 😂 DH suggested having a local Amish leather harness maker make strap extensions. Logical, but Amish men act so weird around me (women in general) that its often hard to communicate. I hope DH will go get strap extensions made for me. 🤞

Latest posts