Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
OH dang - stop feeding him and maybe he'll stop growing so fast, lol!

Hope you can get a good working harness for him. I vote that your DH handle the transaction with the Amish. :)

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I drew a diagram with measurements and put it in DH's truck. He says he will handle it for me. 🤞 Plan B is to buy the harness I want for when he's all grown up, add an extra hole so it fits now, and pray he doesnt outgrow it. 😅

I need to get him on a scale. He was 116# when I got him on Oct 3. He was 127# the next week. 😲 He eats so much - 12 cups per day... or more, plus 2 - 4 cups of treats.. or more. 😅 He goes through a 28 pound bag of food, $65 retail, in about a week. I did not expect a Dane pup to cost this much more than Baymax! 😂

Baymax is gaining weight!! She looks so much better. Shes only eating 4 cups per day (she used to eat 6 cups plus 3 cans). I made her a sweater out of an old sherpa fleece blanket. I think keeping her warm makes a difference in her maintaining weight.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
For height, strength, and their breed trait of pushing back against pressure (opposition reflex) and leaning. But really, the height is the one thing that brought me to Danes.

Danes are the only tall breed that has short hair AND has structure appropriate for bracing (not a skinny sighthound), is not a livestock guardian breed (wrong temerament), and has a chance of having decent hips (not a mastiff).

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Danes have this goofy personality that makes them even more lovable. Our Dane/Lab cross was very needy last night, whining to come in the house. Normally he is outside ALL the time, only coming in to eat and sometimes we take his food pan to him out on the porch. But last night he wanted in and he clung to me like static cling. He laid at my feet until bedtime. I asked if he wanted to go outside, he didn't . So I put towels down for him to lay on in our bedroom and gave him his squeaky pig to sleep with. Sometime in the night he moved to my side of the bed, on the floor. I rolled over and petted him and went back to sleep. This morning he was ready to go outside and hasn't come back asking to come in. So I don't know what was up with him last night, but it's ok. We just listen to the dogs and take it from there. If they ask for special attention, they certainly get it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Danes have this goofy personality that makes them even more lovable. Our Dane/Lab cross was very needy last night, whining to come in the house. Normally he is outside ALL the time, only coming in to eat and sometimes we take his food pan to him out on the porch. But last night he wanted in and he clung to me like static cling. He laid at my feet until bedtime. I asked if he wanted to go outside, he didn't . So I put towels down for him to lay on in our bedroom and gave him his squeaky pig to sleep with. Sometime in the night he moved to my side of the bed, on the floor. I rolled over and petted him and went back to sleep. This morning he was ready to go outside and hasn't come back asking to come in. So I don't know what was up with him last night, but it's ok. We just listen to the dogs and take it from there. If they ask for special attention, they certainly get it.

they certainly can have the personality. when i lived up north my gf's brother had one that they always had with them at work which it pretty much slept all the time under the desk. they said it hated everyone, was grumpy, growled a lot, etc. when i walked in it would thump it's tail and act like a baby. :)