Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DS14 was caight stealing money from DH's wallet. DH had suspected this since school started but couldn't prove it until now. $40 this time. DS14 has been doing chores since, so my house is staying cleanish. Supervising is more difficult than doing it myself. 😣 I was supposed to be getting Thanksgiving shopping and cooking done today. Looks like thats not happening now. 😡

time for a job. he's got too much mischief on his hands and needs some reality injection directly and not from you or DH. he's going to want to learn in the world of hard knocks then it's time to give it to him. IMO of course.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
time for a job. he's got too much mischief on his hands and needs some reality injection directly and not from you or DH. he's going to want to learn in the world of hard knocks then it's time to give it to him. IMO of course.
I agree. I was hoping our neighbor would press charges when DS14 stole a tablet from his house. He didn't.

I don't think he is capable of a job. He has difficulty with sequences (following steps) and spatial issues too (can't sweep, mop, or wipe a table to save his life).

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree. I was hoping our neighbor would press charges when DS14 stole a tablet from his house. He didn't.

I don't think he is capable of a job. He has difficulty with sequences (following steps) and spatial issues too (can't sweep, mop, or wipe a table to save his life).

he may learn ways of coping and getting through things so you can't really predict how this will go. teenage life can be tough enough with all the hormones and emotional stuff going on, but in the end we all have to get through it and figure out what to do. if he needs professional help or counseling encourage him to talk to whoever and to encourage him to work on whatever he's interested in. for me, even with my own learning difficulties once my mind is interested in something i can put a lot more effort into learning and getting past my own frustrations. try to be encouraging and creative in helping him work through issues.

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DS14 was caight stealing money from DH's wallet. DH had suspected this since school started but couldn't prove it until now. $40 this time. DS14 has been doing chores since, so my house is staying cleanish. Supervising is more difficult than doing it myself. 😣 I was supposed to be getting Thanksgiving shopping and cooking done today. Looks like thats not happening now. 😡
I find it so funny how similar me and your son are. 🤣 I used to to the same. On about a weekly basis. As soon as I got my own online banking account I stopped. I just wanted access to my own money no one would give me.

Should it scare me how similar we are? I’m not too sure but it should scare you 🤣🤣🤣

If he doesn’t have a phone, how would you cope with him having a job in the first place?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I decided how to respond to DS14 stealing money.

He was using it to buy junk food snacks and coffee from a teacher.

Instead of buying his ultra-healthy (and expensive!!) lunch food, I'm going to buy the same junk foods he was buying for a month. Even the coffee syrup. 😇

He will get a hard lesson about the importance of nutrition. 😁 hopefully he will learn its not worth stealing, and woth some luck he will lose his appetite for those foods.

I will need nerves of steal to survive a month of nutritional tailspin. Wish us luck and sanity 😅

Latest posts