Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

The Porch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
f201befdd0e00f0433991d887357b54f.gif

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I keep 3-4 cans of cocoa on hand, part of my prepping supplies. Nothing comforts like a pan of brownies!

i just finished off my last of the green curry i've been using for years mixed in with my hot chocolate. it only takes about 1/4 teaspoon to give the hot chocolate a little extra spice and heat and the can of green curry was about 16oz. when i bought it i was hoping to be cooking with it a bit more often than it turned out. the expiration date on that can was Aug of 2013. it was still good i had no problems with it at all, but now that i'm out i'm going to have to use something else for heat in hot chocolate or get some more green curry next time i'm out that ways again. First World Problem... :) good morning Bay, hope you can get your goals accomplished today. i only have a couple and nothing that will matter if i wiggle around them a bit before getting them done.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had a busy day in the best way possible. I worked on 4-H dog project most of the day. Kick-off meeting had good turn-out - better than expected. Hopefully we didn't scare off too many families. I led the youth session, about 25 kids, grades 3 - 12. Lots of involvement and smiles, so I'll call it successful. Paperwork now. So much paperwork.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I had a busy day in the best way possible. I worked on 4-H dog project most of the day. Kick-off meeting had good turn-out - better than expected. Hopefully we didn't scare off too many families. I led the youth session, about 25 kids, grades 3 - 12. Lots of involvement and smiles, so I'll call it successful. Paperwork now. So much paperwork.
I have an odd question. What do you think of the attention spans of the kids you interact with? For me, it seems like the spans are getting shorter and comprehensive abilities are lowering too.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have an odd question. What do you think of the attention spans of the kids you interact with? For me, it seems like the spans are getting shorter and comprehensive abilities are lowering too.
I would agree with this and if I had one thing to blame (actually two) is screen time and not reading independently.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I agree with this and with @Trying2keepitReal 's conclusion.

As long as the kids have attention span equal to their dog, it works out great! :gig

I don't see inattention issues in dog project kids, but I see it constantly in houseplant project (and it's super frustrating and demotivating for me). The different could be teaching style. I lead houseplant project on Zoom and those kids can barely stay with me (mentally) for 10 minutes and I know they're not comprehending the material. I cut back the content and meeting length by half and there's no improvement. Dog project is mostly in-person, hands-on activities. For example, this week I taught the kids to train each other. That was a riot. :gig Everyone participated, and I could see when the concept "clicked" because the kids would get excited/engaged/animated and want to try again. :love

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My granddaughters are all three sharp as a double pointed tack. Their parents limit screen time. The youngest has a short attention span, that's just how she is wired.
This can be a sign of extreme intelligence. Children with extreme intelligence tend to have poor executive functioning (ADHD-like symptoms) until about the age of 11. Then they flip and have better executive functioning than normal. Interesting...