Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Thanks All. The sudafed and ibuprofen did the trick! I walked Splash during my kids' swim lessons. It was 36 degrees F! Really nice for this time of year!

Afterward, I took kids to get a gift for DH. He is hard to shop for, but he told the kids something he would like. (a new wallet, his has holes worn through the leather)

My sister (widowed/single mom of 3 kids - 2 of them with special needs) lost her job. Rough! I ordered Hannukah gifts for her kids, and a birthday gift for her kiddo with a December birthday. I will wrap them and ship them to her.

Next up is making frosting and decorating more cookies for the library because some of the first batch stuck together. Whoops. :hu

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 took video of me and Splash demonstration 4-H dog training skills. I have the video done for one 90 second video. It took over an hour. Still need to do voice over and maybe background music.. And then like 30 more videos. :thud

I'm also taking steps toward creating content for the 4-H cat project. It will not be nearly as involved. We're hoping to do one session. But you know I want to make videos and have the content available online for all the kids who couldn't attend!

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sounds familiar! But kiddos with very high intelligence often have ADHD-like symptoms before puberty, but later they have better executive functioning than age-peers. Nice little quirk to drive their parents absolutely insane.

Reasons why a muggle/normy parent is envious of the parent of a highly intelligent child... but when a parent of a highly intelligent child learns of another family with a highly intelligent child they're likely to offer consolation. :gig

I once told another parent my son's IQ was in the "extremely high" range and he said, "I'm so sorry to hear that." Now that's my tribe! He knows!

But to make it more complicated, people can have both high intelligence and ADHD. That's difficult to identify and difficult to get accommodated in a school setting. That's where I'm at with DS15. 🤐 His expulsion is on hold because, lawyers. (The district's lawyers. I didn't lawyer up. Money doesn't fix the problem so why bother?)
That’s my brother, highly intelligent with really bad adhd. Except nobody knew he had adhd before college, where they strongly encouraged him to get tested. My mom always said your brain just works like mine. And made him learn to work through, with, and sometimes around it. Being Homeschooled all the way until college was a huge difference though, neither of us would have done as well in public school. Not an option for everybody, but I’m grateful my parents chose to do so and mom was able to.