Daydreaming while waiting impatiently!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My body said "You wanna eat #$^&? Okay, you can feel like #$^& too!" :gig

I'm feeling good-enough again. I'm getting some housework done, and cooking up a big batch of my staple veggie sauce/soup. đź’Ş

I planned to start FMD cycles tomorrow for 2 weeks. Pretty sure I can do it. It has been a while!!!

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
So what will be your main sources of food while doing the FMD cycles? Do you eat anything or is there a focus on bone broth and simple foods?

I hear you on the eat crap, feel like crap, my body does the same thing (as do most I am sure) I focused on preparing a lot of whole foods yesterday-made some fruit leather, sweet potatoes and carrots in coconut oil, spinach salad, etc. Here is to feeling better!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
So what will be your main sources of food while doing the FMD cycles? Do you eat anything or is there a focus on bone broth and simple foods?
Fasting mimicking diets vary from 200 calories/day to 1,000 calories per day. I usually stay about 300.

But this time I'm prioritizing fiber (including from grain) because I wasn't eating healthfully before. The fiber should reduce inflammation by its effect on gut microbiome. 🤞

Heritage flakes cereal https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nature-s..._F_ZbMpet5Xb4PE4GtRoC5HkQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Grassfed, non-homogenized milk

Veggie soup/sauce (onion, celery, garlic, mushrooms, spinach/spring greens, tomato, basil, oregano, fennel seed, pepper, salt. I omitted butter, meat, and diced pepperoni this time)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I admire all that you do. You have your health problems but you don’t let that stop you and you always have a great attitude. You are darned awesome.

she manages to run rings around me that is for sure. :) i learn a lot from reading along even if i have zero experience (i don't keep animals, i don't have children, etc.).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
First FMD cycle was a fail. I forgot I was planning to do it. 🤦‍♀️ Next one starts tomorrow morning. It's easiest when I "pack a lunch" so I don't have to think about it during the day.

I had a busy day with 4-H stuff. I met with the people heading up the cat project to see how I could help them grow the project. They have the skills/experience I don't have - and I have the skills/experience they don't have. I think we will work well together. I made up handouts for an upcoming class we are planning. The county will set up a website (google sites) and I'll have to design that soon too.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You keep animals! 🪱

true, but they are very undemanding animals that do not require daily attention. in terms of time i spend perhaps 4-6hrs a month on average on food prep or care and once a year the running of the worms to get the worm compost out into the gardens does take some time but that is a part of planting too so it is not extensive overall.

i was going to say that they are much less time or resource intensive compared to fish but then that ignores the time i'd spend previously fiddling with the reef tank and enjoying watching the critters in there and that was a rather large amount of time i enjoyed completely... that's just not the same compared to keeping worms. the only time i look at them is when i'm feeding them and topping off any worm bedding materials or adjusting the water content.

there's a good chance i've spent more time some months watching youtube videos on worms than i have spent doing care taking. and that doesn't count the time i spent looking up spiders and other bugs involved (wood lice, millipedes, springtails, nematodes, fungi, ...).

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DS15 had a good day at the shelter. He learned about Fear Free cat housing online, and then applied what he learned to make sure all the caged cats at the shelter had a hiding spot in their cage. 🤩 The dogs I'm working with are all making progress. Slowly, because I'm spread thin at the shelter. DS15 and I updated cage cards, feeding instructions, etc. The animals turn over quickly so it can be hard to keep up on that stuff.

I worked on 4-H dog project documents for one level of obedience class. I'm about 1/3 done. It should go pretty fast since I'm just rewording and reformatting from last year's documents.

Splash can go on off-leash potty walks with me at home! 🤩 I found a treat he is completely obsessed with, and I saved it for the important stuff (like off-leash recall). He is learning to hold a dumbbell in his mouth, put his front paws on targets, and orbit trick. He's doing great on these - almost ready for more!

Latest posts