Dehydrating cucuzza

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm low on freezer space and full on cucuzza gourds. Has anyone here tried dehydrating them or know of any reason why not to?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Can you can them like squash? @tortoise what do you think?
They're summer squash, so no. They would collapse/deteriorate and form a dense mass that can't get hot enough for safe canning with home canning equipment.

Looks like dehydrates chips is a good option for cucuzza. I haven't had them but internet says cucuzza is milder flavor than zucchini. I don't dehydrate zucchini anymore because the flavor gets too strong for me.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
They're summer squash, so no. They would collapse/deteriorate and form a dense mass that can't get hot enough for safe canning with home canning equipment.

Looks like dehydrates chips is a good option for cucuzza. I haven't had them but internet says cucuzza is milder flavor than zucchini. I don't dehydrate zucchini anymore because the flavor gets too strong for me.
They're actually not a summer squash. They're in the gourd family but have a flavor and use somewhat like summer squash when picked while immature. If they are left to dry on the vine they can be used for crafts.

Latest posts