DELICIOUS pumpkin recipe!

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is a Paula Deen recipe that I made last night. If you are familiar w/her recipes, they are SOOOO good but SOOOO bad for you! ;) I had my family over last night, and everyone loved them, but I made Mike take the leftovers to work with him this morning because I didn't want to be responsible for finishing them off (although I would have, if I had to. :D)

Bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
15-ounce can pumpkin
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Icing:
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.

To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again. Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
It sounds delicious!

Thank you! Now I have another dessert to make for our Thanksgiving dinner!! ;)

PotterWatch

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love anything pumpkin. Only one in our family who turns up their nose at pumpkin is my husband... weirdo :p .

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Why do you people keep showing me these delicious recipes???

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, I love Paula Deen. but I will have to try and cut the calories down on them. Yum Yum.

Latest posts