Delicious recipes of the week! Sugar free, and keto friendly! Here!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Decided to start a thread for my new recipe of the week I started! Every week I post a new recipe of the week, usually form Sally's Baking Addition. The name of the recipe is in my signature, and the link to the recipe, is the first post, in my profile! They will be fun, simple recipes, and great for beginner bakers, or people who bake often! On this thread, tell me when you try it out, and post a picture of your creation! You can also suggest recipes, or "genres" of recipes, (cupcakes, cookies, bars, cakes, etc)! Excited to see your creations, and hope you like my recipes! If you have any questions, ask here or start a conversation with me! I think this will be fun! Avery

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone got a sweet tooth! I want to see your recipes! Maple Bacon Donuts, a perfect combination of flavors!

*MMmmph!!* (mouthful of chocolate covered raisins)

i've yet to meet a carbohydrate i don't crave. i'm reformed though, as i used to eat a lot more than i do now. i have been cooking and helping in the kitchen since a young age and Mom bakes a lot. on my own i've also gotten into things like making chocolates and other things that Mom would never try. i'm back home now helping out and taking care of Mom when she needs a hand.

to give you an idea of the scale of things here we rarely make just one or two dozen cookies or other things. the last time Mom made cookies she made about three hundred. i managed to not eat too much cookie dough (a weakness of mine) or the finished cookies (i like the cookie dough better for most cookies but not all).

i haven't made chocolates in some years now but i'm sure i'll get back into it sometime again as there are things i've not tried yet i'd like to do.

as for Maple, the other day i put a bit of maple syrup (the real stuff) on some peanuts to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Last edited:

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
*MMmmph!!* (mouthful of chocolate covered raisins)

i've yet to meet a carbohydrate i don't crave. i'm reformed though, as i used to eat a lot more than i do now. i have been cooking and helping in the kitchen since a young age and Mom bakes a lot. on my own i've also gotten into things like making chocolates and other things that Mom would never try. i'm back home now helping out and taking care of Mom when she needs a hand.

to give you an idea of the scale of things here we rarely make just one or two dozen cookies or other things. the last time Mom made cookies she made about three hundred. i managed to not eat too much cookie dough (a weakness of mine) or the finished cookies (i like the cookie dough better for most cookies but not all).

i haven't made chocolates in some years now but i'm sure i'll get back into it sometime again as there are things i've not tried yet i'd like to do.

as for Maple, the other day i put a bit of maple syrup (the real stuff) on some peanuts to satisfy my sweet tooth.
300 cookies! That is crazy! What about 300 maple bacon donuts! :p

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
300 cookies! That is crazy! What about 300 maple bacon donuts! :p

it was a slow day for her, only two kinds of cookies.

yes, i'd gladly eat that many donuts if i could. a good cake donut is one of the divine things in life IMO. last week i picked up some from the local grocery store that makes their own. they didn't have any frosting on them, but i can work around that... we had some budget ice-cream (butter pecan - which did have pecans in it, but not much else for flavor). what i ended up doing is making an ice-cream sandwich by nuking the donuts and putting some ice-cream in the middle and for extra flavor i put some more nutmeg, allspice and cinamon. these were meal replacement level epic carbs, but i got it done. i've been busy enough that i didn't even gain any weight. i suspect the coming winter i'm going to have to be a bit more careful... :)

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
@MistyWeeg13 FYI, a number of folks here are, or have SOs that are, diabetics. Traditional breads and sweets then are typically off limits for us. Not trying to be downer, just wanted you to understand.

If you supply keto/low carb offerings, that would be awesome. That's my "genre" suggestion. :D
I didn't think about this, my next recipe of the week is gonna be Vegan sugar free cookies! I have done these and they are my go to simple cookie recipe! So good!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm in the low carb camp too. And dairy free , legume free, and coconut free, which makes it really hard. Paleo includes coconut, vegan includes legumes, and keto includes dairy. 😅 but Sallys Baking Addiction recipes seem good with modifications, so I'm curious and eager to see what pops up in this thread!

MistyWeeg13

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in the low carb camp too. And dairy free , legume free, and coconut free, which makes it really hard. Paleo includes coconut, vegan includes legumes, and keto includes dairy. 😅 but Sallys Baking Addiction recipes seem good with modifications, so I'm curious and eager to see what pops up in this thread!
you can do the cookies I posted a link too! Just replace the coconut sugar with honey, that is what I do since I never have coconut sugar!

Latest posts