Demand for electricity down, prices to fall..............a little!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Unfortunately for me, California's PG&E has already decided to use their savings to invest in complying with the new regulations that the legislature has put in place requiring the use of energy releasing less carbon. I suppose there would have been bigger increases but my experience is that, if people use less, the energy companies increase their prices rather than the other way around. :/

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea I just read about energy prices decreasing because many people have to cut back and corps. are using less, etc. etc.

but read further and prices are to hike again in 2010 because of failing infrastruce, new power lines, new this and that....so be happy while you can. Cause it sure won't stay down!

key to wanting that bill low, turn off stuff and stop buying stuff and live simpler. best way to cut bills in general in this life. :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish, just got a letter in the mail stating our electric rates were increasing again. Also our water company informed us last month our rates are doubling due to cost increases of fixing well IF (not that something has) something should go wrong. It never ends.....

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
The city is making me hook up to the city sewer system. My water bill will go from $25 per month to $75/ month. What a pile of ....:somad and I get to pay for the hookup!!!!