Dervaes's Plagiarism! Yikes!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
smurfette79 said:
I am kinda new around here. The people mentioned in this and the web site I visited reading are the Dervaes the family that were mentioned on many tv shows for being "self sufficient" and I think they live in CA. ??? - I honestly do not know where all of the back lash on these matters stem from, I was only curious if they are the people whom I have seen on different things on tv.

Thanks for any information.-

Angie- aka smurfette :)
www.pathtofreedom.com
It is who you are talking about.
They obtained copyright to various phrases in general use, such as Urban Homestead (insert trademark here :rolleyes: .
Then a few weeks ago, they spent some time sending cease and desist letters to people that had that term in usage long before they copyrighted it. This included authors and web owners.
They also got Facebook to shut down quite a few pages as well.

The words Urban Homestead have been in general use since at least 1973.
It is descriptive of a way of life :)

smurfette79

Power Conserver
Reaction score
WOW, in my humble opinion that is shameful behavior in this time and age when I thought people with common sense whom were trying to "do better" why cause harm or even copyright a phrase. That is nonsense ...

Ok, never know who to admire...- ever! People on the outside may not be as they appear..

Thanks oodles :) (can i copyright that- I love that saying - "thanks oodles" lol)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Their ideas on how to maximize the use of your property are very sound and valid. Just don't look to others for a moral compass is all :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
There ideas on how to maximize the use of your property are very sound and valid. Just don't look to others for a moral compass is all :D
Yup yup! :thumbsup

If I live in their climate, I would be gardening like that too. Though I would want a lot more room!