DH got some help clearing the snow

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Our nextdoor neighbor is a contractor. 10 months out of the year I whine about having to look at his construction equipment all the time. Then there are days like today. That's DH with the snow blower.
snowremoval2008.jpg

Tony cleared all the snow the plow had left in the driveway in 3 seconds!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow you sure are getting nailed with snow!

yea, big equipment is ugly but sure does the trick when needed. That is just like the backhoe we own....those things are invaluable big time!

you sure don't have to dream about a white christmas :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Heavy equipment at its best. Now if you can just remind yourself this coming spring and summer how useful that equipment was maybe it will make looking at it easier. Print that pic and hang it next to a window.

Hope you are not expecting more snow. Looks like you have enough to last you a day or two. It sure is pretty......but sure am glad I don't have it.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
About an inch more expected tonight but turning to a mix. Rain on Christmas Eve may do in any white Christmas. :(

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
ahhh, it looks so beautiful when it snows though huh? I love the snow. love the huge snowfalls, big flakes falling from the sky. It is also wonderful to have neighbors with the equipment to get it off the driveway fast:>)

Farmer Kitty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
About an inch more expected tonight but turning to a mix. Rain on Christmas Eve may do in any white Christmas. :(
The worst part of that is the ice! Becareful out there!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
A generous neighbor who loves to use his big equipment- that could actually be a selling point to a house for me.

I don't miss the cleaning out of the packed snow the plow pushed into the driveway- oh wait a minute- they don't clean off the roads up here at all- enough snow and you're stuck. :rolleyes:
Why can't a person have it all?

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
Yep, it's nice to have a neighbor with big toys! I would love to own one of those big Tonkas. :D

enjoy the ride said:
...oh wait a minute- they don't clean off the roads up here at all- enough snow and you're stuck...
Same here. We had 36 hours of sleet and freezing rain (not too heavy, just about 1 quarter of an inch of ice accumulation and about the same amount of sleet. We couldn't leave home for two days.

I forgot to cover the vehicles, so they were iced shut. I could have thawed the out if we had to, but the ice covered roads were reason enough to stay home. Tonight is forecast to be our first single digit temps of the season. I think that we'll through another log on the fire and another dog on the bed!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We headed out to church knowing there was another storm coming our way. It started snowing during the service and continued while we "greened" the church afterward. We went out afterward doing errands and it was just beautiful! The roads weren't terrible but by the time we were headed home it was turning to a light icy rain. It turned back to snow again later.
Beaker will get warmed by the wood stove as soon as we get him inside (BYC Mascot coming from DAC-J to me, for those not in the know). I'll pour him some mulled cider or something and spoil him 'til he thaws!
When we moved to this house Tony, the neighbor with the big Tonkas, was a 12 year old who did little other than tear up his parents' yard with his ATV. Nice to see he's grown up to be useful! I just saw him pulling his 2 year old daughter up and down the street on her sled. Cute!