DH helped stock the pantry, lol.

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So my hubby and I were talking about rising food costs, property tax increases, gas price increases and the fact that neither of us have gotten any sort of raise over the last few years. So I mentioned that I would like to continue canning but also pick up essentials for the pantry when they are on sale so we can save money and make less trips to the store. He was completely on board.

So Saturday while I was working he took the kids to the store because it was the last day of the flier and there were some deals we wanted to snag. The 12 packs of canned veggies were $4 so he got some beets, corn & string beans. Boxes of pasta were 77 cents. Boxes of cereal were $1.88. I reminded him not to go hungry and to not go down the snack or candy aisle.

I got in from work around 2 am on Sunday and went to grab a couple freezer baggies to stash some food from work in the freezer, and I see this...

0719111144.jpg

apparently 12 bottles of marinades and 8 bottles of BBQ sauce are essentials :gig

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HAHAHA!

My hubby and I also recently had this conversation and I told him I was cutting out a lot of the "extras" so to speak. The next day, my pantry had 5 bottles of KC masterpiece in it. :lol: