DH's handmade bowls and stuff

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My DH is a talented woodturner and has bowls and goblets for sale. Below is a sample of his work. Please PM me if you are interested in purchasing some of his work.

ASH BOWL
Approximate dimensions; 7" dia, 2 1'" h.

1222_101_3872.jpg

CHERRY BOWL
Approximate dimensions; 7 1/2" dia, 2 3/4" h.

1222_101_3882.jpg

GOBLET
Approximate dimensions; 4 1/4" h, 2 1/2" top dia, 2" bottom dia.

1222_101_3887.jpg

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Do you have prices?? Maybe a web site!?
No web site yet. :( If there is a particular style you are looking for I can put in a request.
The bowls listed are $50 each and the goblet is $40.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Those are very nice, I especially like the one made from ash. Does he do any bigger bowls??? Maybe one about 12" or bigger,...like the old timers called a dough bowl? My father used to carve out bowls by hand,..they are what they call a trench bowl. They were long and narrow, very primitive and rustic. Have you all looked at the ones they sell on Ebay?? They have some very nice ones on there. Maybe he could sell his on there.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
Those are very nice, I especially like the one made from ash. Does he do any bigger bowls??? Maybe one about 12" or bigger,...like the old timers called a dough bowl? My father used to carve out bowls by hand,..they are what they call a trench bowl. They were long and narrow, very primitive and rustic. Have you all looked at the ones they sell on Ebay?? They have some very nice ones on there. Maybe he could sell his on there.
He just had a request for a dough bowl from someone on BYC. Yes, he can make them. The largest bowl he can make is 16" diameter. Nothing carved. He turns them on a wood lathe. If there is a special style, size or wood you'd like I can put in the request.