Diaper Pails

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
In that case. Mule Team Borax in water in your bucket should work fine. You can try a cup of vinegar in water in your baucket as well

Homemaker

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Baking soda, or try tea tree or lavendar oil drops into the bucket.

I used the dry method, never had diapers soaking in water, and washed at least every two days.

I never rinsed diapers out either, it went straight into the pail unless there were solids that could be dropped into the toilet - then I did that, I never dunked the diaper into the toilet.

Edit to add, my babies were breastfed, so not a lot of poop and it never smelled really strong either.
Exactly, what I was going to say. I sprinkle baking soda right into the bottom of the pail. My pail has a little container on the top were I am suppose to add "their" brand of airfreshner but, I just add a few drops of essential oil to a cottonball. -like Wildsky said. I don't dunk and swish :p And I also wash every other day. If you want to leave it for longer perhaps you could buy a few cloth liners and just remove the liner when it is full and put it somewhere else (laundry room maybe?). Then when its wash day just take all of your dirty bags and toss them in with the dirty diapers. Just an idea. Bravo to you for cloth diapering by the way. So, economical and good for the land too.

As far as washing goes. I run a hot cycle with cold rinse (the only time I use hot water since I'm cheap) :lol:.