Diavolicchio - An Orchard at the End of the Country

Diavolicchio

Contemplation Leave
Reaction score
Up-the-Creek said:
I guess I'm going to have to cut down all my neighbors cedar trees. ;)
I hope they don't mind. :lol:

I have researched the disease and know what it is, but they say to spray the trees with a fungicide? Would an all-purpose fungicide spray work?
I'd call your local county extension office and ask them whether an all-purpose fungicide would work. Again, what I know about Cedar Apple Rust I Googled an hour ago. That's pretty much it. I'm guessing if you dug a little more deeply into the links on my original post, you'd probably find the answer in there somewhere.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Diavolicchio said:
Henrietta23 said:
Thanks. I'll see what I can find out. I just got a bunch of seed catalogs in the mail. :D
Once again, it's not a variety of pepper, so you won't find it in any of your catalogs by name.

I can recommend three Diavolicchio-type peppers, the seeds for which you can buy via Paypal from this web site.

The three you'll want on that page are: Stromboli, Etna and Piccante Di Cayenna. Since none of these three are F1 hybrids, you can save the seeds and get the same peppers year and year.

Good luck!
No, I knew I wouldn't find Diavolicchio seeds. Thanks for finding those for me! I figured at best I'd find Italian varieties of hot peppers.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Just catching up on the journals from the holidays and WOW! I'm gonna love watching your progress! I have never done anything with fruit trees....my mom and dad have pears and cherries and grapevines and they make tons of wine every year. We aren't big canners around here and don't have a cellar to store apples but would love to eventually....my kids love apples!

Your house plans look wonderful, I can't wait to see everything come to be! Welcome!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hey Diavolicchio!

a belated welcome from me too!

cant wait to hear all about the progress - i'm especially interested in the root cellering.

:)

Diavolicchio

Contemplation Leave
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Just catching up on the journals from the holidays and WOW! I'm gonna love watching your progress! I have never done anything with fruit trees....my mom and dad have pears and cherries and grapevines and they make tons of wine every year. We aren't big canners around here and don't have a cellar to store apples but would love to eventually....my kids love apples!

Your house plans look wonderful, I can't wait to see everything come to be! Welcome!
Thanks for the kind welcome. I appreciate it.

Diavolicchio

Contemplation Leave
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey Diavolicchio!

cant wait to hear all about the progress - i'm especially interested in the root cellering.

I'm pretty excited about the root cellaring, too. I'm curious to hear from anyone on here who has a root cellar of some sort.

Thanks for the welcome.

John

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Diavolicchio said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
hey Diavolicchio!

I'm pretty excited about the root cellaring, too. I'm curious to hear from anyone on here who has a root cellar of some sort.

Thanks for the welcome.

John
John, I have a dirt floor 1/2 basement that I have dug a hole in to create a root cellar of sorts for my pumpkins and apples. My plan is to make it bigger and better in time, but it works great now as is.

BTW welcome to SS. I've been out of pocket lately. I also have an apple orchard. :)