Did you know that the average American consumes....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Just freakin EWWWW!!!! :sick I am happy to be NOT the average American on an average American diet. That is disgusting! Praise God for my own dirt to grow my own stuff! :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
That will be my new answer to the "a little never killed anyone" types. A little adds up, and a lot will kill ya! It will show up as pancreatitis, liver dysfunctions, etc.

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am a work in progress, but I think I am below average and getting better all the time. :hu

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
It takes a while to make big lifestyle changes, just keep plugging away!

I probably used to consume 20 lbs a year myself! :rolleyes:

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
freemotion said:
It takes a while to make big lifestyle changes, just keep plugging away!

I probably used to consume 20 lbs a year myself! :rolleyes:
Ditto. we used to eat KFC or Popeye's or mexican EVERY MEAL while on the road. I probably sucked up at least 30 pounds a year...makes me squeamish to think about it now. Ah....lovely how things change, aint it?! ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
actually I thought it would have been more....so to me 'that isn't that bad?' :lol:

I think alot of people out of necessary are starting to garden, cut back on eating crappola due to the wallet, so maybe in the end healthier times are ahead?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Curious what is included in that reckoning? Got a source/link for the OP?

Not all "chemicals " are bad, although we personally use natural fertilizers and don't use any herbicides or pesticides and we make sure that the produce we buy is grown the same way. We also don't buy packaged already prepared food or commercially canned food, and we eat out very seldom.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
None of those ten pounds of food additives are healthy or necessary. All cause problems, whether one "feels" it now or not. Personally, I'd like to see my own consumption of additives be a big fat zero. That is very difficult to do, but any reduction is a step in the right direction.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"Food Additives " includes such things as salt and sugar, used in preservation. As I mentioned above, not all "chemicals" are bad.

It's important to be discerning in what we put into (and I'll add ONTO) our bodies, but watch the nomenclature because words can be deceiving.

Read labels and research the words you don't understand.

And I'd still love to see a link/source for the OP :)