Digital Camerals and Their Batteries

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Dunno as this really helps, but just as a data point, my sister has a Coolpix and has no problems at all with the battery - and she uses the LED screen *all the time*, too.

Letting a battery freeze will toast it real good, but I am guessing that is probably not your problem here LOL

I would wonder whether there's perhaps a short of some sort, although that seems vanishingly unlikely with *2* cameras involved unless both have been allowed to get hot/humid or damp in some way. Is it possible the store you buy batteries from tends to stock old or poorly stored ones?

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer(s)?

Good luck,

Pat

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
Dunno as this really helps, but just as a data point, my sister has a Coolpix and has no problems at all with the battery - and she uses the LED screen *all the time*, too.

Letting a battery freeze will toast it real good, but I am guessing that is probably not your problem here LOL

I would wonder whether there's perhaps a short of some sort, although that seems vanishingly unlikely with *2* cameras involved unless both have been allowed to get hot/humid or damp in some way. Is it possible the store you buy batteries from tends to stock old or poorly stored ones?

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer(s)?

Good luck,

Pat
I haven't yet... hm. I was actually thinking about trying to take the newer one back and swapping it to see what happens. It is less than a month old.

I am not sure what kind of container I would have to buy to keep my cameras from getting hot and humid here, but I don't have one. :lol:

The batteries that are in there now have been lasting a little longer. I think I may try the lithium battery and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will call the mfg if this doesn't work (and I don't take it back to the store.)

Cassandra

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The first 2 digital cameras we purchased ate up batteries like crazy. The first one we returned after a few weeks. The second one would eat up batteries like after 1 or 2 pictures so we took it back right away. After this experience I didn't want one for a couple years. The one we have now is good. It seems to hardly ever need batteries. I would definitely take that one back. There is probably something wrong with it.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I have a Kodak Z812IS easy share I bought last Dec. I am on my second battery which is low and I have to go buy another. I purchased the Energizer Lithium Photo battery last time and will definately buy another one. I think I paid $26.00 dollars for it but in the last 7 months I have gone to 4 grandsons b'day parties, plus just visiting pics and new grandson pics, and taken a million other pics of chickens, rabbits, flowers, etc. and downloaded all of them - I figure it was worth every penny. (I take lots of pictures).
I also have a HP Photosmart. It uses AA's like they are going out of style. I just got so tired of buying batteries I decided it was cheaper to buy a new camera. LOL

I always kept a pack of 10 batteries in my purse for just in case.

Sure like the new camera and those lithium photo batteries much better.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is much to know about battries. AA is just a size, Rechargeable is a type. even Lithium dosen't pin them down because they come in three chemistries. I look here

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/lithium_based_batteries

for answers to questions about battries. They mean it when they say Battery University, it is not light reading but has a lot of info.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the kodak easy share that we had would eat batteries like crazy! our new camra (not sure what it is) is a lot better. my daughter has the same trouble with her easy share. we figured it was the brand.