Dinner (and lunch) ideas, help!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
So lets start off with I am grain/gluten and legume free, lets go to...I dont eat meat. I am cool with bacon and beef hotdogs, but meat is a nasty texture to me. I am craving a steak at this very moment but no access to anything but nasty grocery store stuff. I want to EAT meat, but it will be a slow process, as if I start doing it everyday I get grossed out and stop again.

Scratching heads yet? Yep, there is only so many salads and eggs a girl can eat and be sane. I was thinking of making some sauces that I LOVE, putting them over green beans and giving the meat to hubby.

Ideas? Go!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hmmm, do you eat poultry? One of my fall backs is Applegate Farms chicken sausage. Gets away from that chicken meat texture. I am not a big fan of that!!
Unprocessed lunch meats? Almond butter and apples?

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MsPony said:
So lets start off with I am grain/gluten and legume free, lets go to...I dont eat meat. I am cool with bacon and beef hotdogs, but meat is a nasty texture to me. I am craving a steak at this very moment but no access to anything but nasty grocery store stuff. I want to EAT meat, but it will be a slow process, as if I start doing it everyday I get grossed out and stop again.

Scratching heads yet? Yep, there is only so many salads and eggs a girl can eat and be sane. I was thinking of making some sauces that I LOVE, putting them over green beans and giving the meat to hubby.

Ideas? Go!
I noticed you didn't include bacon here ;)

You're kinda a stumper!

There are lots more things to do with veggies besides salads--stir fry comes to mind, it's what I had for dinner! Soups with a nice bone broth are good, lots of veggies there.

It's been a long day, can't think of anything else..........

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I am a soup kinda gal and GF as well.

How about a nice "Everything in the garden and some beans and lentils too" Stew?

I use tomato juice as the stock (add a soup bone and it is even better!)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Girl you gotta get some pastured meat!

I love roasted veggies and can make a meal out of a head of roasted cauliflower....but that is not a healthy balanced meal!

I think if I were in your shoes, I would simply have to breakdown and eat commercially raised meat.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
If you can't get pastured meat, look at your local grocery stores for bison. We can get it at many of our local stores in a one pound package of ground meat. Bison is pastured, they get dangerous in feedlots. They do bring corn out to them to finish them, but they are still on pasture. The meat is dark and lean and has a finer texture and meatier flavor than ground beef. We can't stand commercial ground beef anymore unless it is from pastured beef, which we can't find within an hour's drive.

You can cook this bison up, crumbled, and use it in something like chili (you can make it without beans....I like to run a bunch of veggies through the food processor like carrots, green beans, spinach, etc and add them to the chili) or spaghetti sauce or stews/soups to kinda hide it.