Dinner

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Whatever it takes....just sayin

Take a couple of passes with the plow, disc, throw down some turnip seed, disc again. When the turnips start growing, they will bring the deer right in. Deer around here just can't resist turnips.

"Technically" speaking it would be a garden and deer shot in a man's garden is a nuisance deer, not subject to a deer tag. Thereby bypassing Dick Durban's greedy money grubbin palms. I can't stand paying Dick!

Last edited:

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
that might not fly here in Oregon, however there are things called "depredation tags"

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I once shot a groundhog from the kitchen bay window. Lol

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That wouldn't fly here in Maine. I've often thought that a "killed in self defense" deer would be nice for my freezer. I've fired the shot gun from inside the house.

You know you might live in red neck territory if: Your boss tells you that she had to tell her husband to take the screens out of the windows before shooting! True story! She first noticed the damage because the flowers in her window box were tattered! Then... she noticed the screen!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
my grass is delicious 😋
IMG_20200223_213033.jpg

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Take a couple of passes with the plow, disc, throw down some turnip seed, disc again. When the turnips start growing, they will bring the deer right in. Deer around here just can't resist turnips.

"Technically" speaking it would be a garden and deer shot in a man's garden is a nuisance deer, not subject to a deer tag. Thereby bypassing Dick Durban's greedy money grubbin palms. I can't stand paying Dick!
I agree I don't know what's with turnips and deer.. hehehehe. I guess that will be a very pleasant advantage to you, If you love to serve game that is. for me, I'm sure I am.

Latest posts