Dirty Old Stove

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
beerman said:
Be careful with oven cleaner indoors some can be nasty.
Yup, That is why I always take mine outdoors to clean it!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
ahh in that case baking soda and vingegar is your best bet...you can still semi "steam clean" it by taking a towl, soaking it in lemon water and microwaving it then let the towl sit ontop of the stubborn spot for a few mins before moving to the enxt step...its not quite as effective as it is inside but still helps a little (the bowl with lemon water trick alsow works well for cleaning inside the microwave too :) )

mtnviewfarms

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
add a little water to liquid dishwasher detergent and put a layer of this mixture on the stove top - leave it for 3 days then wipe off
with wet sponges - magic!!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I just tried the citrus vinegar on our stove top and OMG. I should have taken before/after pictures. It was AMAZING. There were only TWO spots that I had to apply baking soda in addition to the citrus vinegar.
It works BETTER than conventional cleaners!!! Almost everything just wiped off! I was amazed!!

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Got some great suggestions here. I will be where the stove is on Thursday, so will start the process then. They have plenty of baking soda and vinegar, and a 5 year old who loves to see it bubble, so we will have a project!

Latest posts