Disaster and Emergency Alert Maps

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
For those who like to keep up on what's happening, here is a link to a site that provides Disaster and Emergency Alert Mapping. Just select the map area, and it will take you to a map displaying current events. You can zoom in and out on the map.

You can click on the event icons and it will bring up a balloon. You can further click on the "Details" link on the balloon for more info, although a lot of times it is a bit short on specifics.

Disaster and Emergency Alert Maps

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Awesome web site! Thank you very much for sharing it!

But I gotta question: What's a COSMIC EVENT?? In Mexico it said that there was a cosmic event. Huh?? Aliens finally landed??

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
They need to send the satellite over and update their maps....or not.
When I zoom in on our place, the old shed is still in the back yard,but not the outhouse, and my old enclosed trailer is setting to the North of the house. That map is approx 3 years old.

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
california and utah had a small earthquake

washington has a biological hazard

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
They need to send the satellite over and update their maps....or not.
When I zoom in on our place, the old shed is still in the back yard,but not the outhouse, and my old enclosed trailer is setting to the North of the house. That map is approx 3 years old.
The Satelite map shows our place when DH first moved out here - about 3 years ago.

Several months ago, we noticed someone had been putting large X's or + signs in places on the roads with paint, and in a desert feild next to our frontage road, there is one out of some sort of plastic. DH says they were updating the satelite pics and that those are markers.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The map is about three years old, as is the ma on google earth and zillow, but the data is current.

old fashioned

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
washington has a biological hazard
Hazard? What hazard? I haven't heard anything.....hmmm

eta-finally got it up to see...says "Yakima Valley" which is Hanford Nuclear site or maybe it's military training area or near therebouts.

Cascadiana

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This is very cool! Thanks for posting it.

The data are indeed up to date, as the tragic explosion at the Anacortes refinery that happened yesterday is already on the map.