Dish Soap Bottles

nmsunrise

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I just ran out of dish soap and my grandson has enough to play with in the tub, so I thought some of you might have some good ideas for some other uses. I also want to thank all of you who post on this site. You all are a treasure to me because of what you share. :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:welcome

Can't think of any uses right now, as I buy the big refills and have been using my same little bottle for several years now! Maybe you could send me a new one! ;)

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Welcome! :frow

This probably isn't a use that you are looking for but I'll throw it out here.
When I run(jog) in summer heat I take a dish soap bottle full of pure water and squirt water on my head to cool off. I drink the water, too, and find the shape is better to hold than sports bottles. Most of the long distance runners in our running club use these.

If I am riding my bicycle and a bad loose dog surprises me it gets a squirt which slows it down so I can speed up. If I lose the bottle I'm not out the cost of a sports bottle.

I use them to water my seedlings. I like the control of flow.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Those are some great ideas, sylvie! One other post on this forum said the the caps to dishwashing detergent bottles fit correctly on oil bottle and one could dispense oil without a funnel when using these replacement caps.

I'm like free, I have used the same little bottle for years and refill from a large one....but I guess those large ones could be used for some of this as well.

nmsunrise

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks! Those are some great ideas I hadn't thought of. I wish I could find dish soap in gallon jugs. I use milk jugs for drip irrigation on some of my vegis. I'll definitely be saving the caps from my bottles and I do a lot of hiking so I'm going to try the water bottle idea too. Free, if ya really need a bottle, I'll be glad to send ya one.;);)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Naw, just kidding, I can usually get the stuff I need from my clients. I put the word out for egg cartons and I don't have the heart to tell them that I have over a hundred now.

Thanks for the offer, though! :frow

sparks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just traded over 100 egg cartoons for 2 dozen mixed fertile eggs! Post on Craigs list and see what happens if you don`t need all of them.:)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I just paid $56 for 250 misprinted cartons! :rant :duc :somad People around here just throw cartons away....no thoughts for recycling in these parts. :rolleyes: