"Ditzy Goat CHEESE Recipes" Samssimonsays/Blazing Acres

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thank you! Gosh, that sounds good… I need to do some ingredient shopping and find some decent milk...

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Best of luck to you! I cannot stomach that one yet but maybe one day I will be able to... Funny enough I can not handle the texture of cheese.... It has always been an issue of mine. That and hamburger along with other things. Just weird LOL. But I do love making me some cheese and I torture myself by trying them all. Love the taste, gag on the texture... :idunno Maybe one day!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Correct on lye safety -- precautions and not an issue. I always use food grade lye. The soaps have such great lather -- great cleaning, & skin condition, also.

SO -- when you first try soap, be SURE you have your molds ready to pour because when it goes to trace you do not have time to stop to get them ready!!

I use frozen goat milk with the lye. I use 1 liter bottles of frozen water in my sink of water, instead of ice cubes, for the cold water to set the container into. Then just dry outside of bottles & back in freezer for next time. It's scary at first but, not a problem if you have everything ready, out & weighed before you start. Then it's ready, set, go time. :cool: My daughter & I have done 4-5 batches in a morning. Then it's wait time. We like to do it and have had success at some of the Fairs in our area.
SoBoHarvest.2013 009.JPG

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Beautiful! Those could make lovely small gifts.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! Adorable set up! I have so many recipes and have wanted to do soap (I'm supper sensitive to everything really) so I'd love to make my own more natural soaps. I've been afraid to try it but i finally have everything for making one recipe.

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes. Soap is something I have to be careful with too, very sensitive.

samssimonsays

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
How do you make instant cheese? I love cheeses

Bring milk to a froth, remove from heat, add in 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar per gallon and stir. Once whey separates, strain into a colander lined with cheese cloth and add in herbs and salt to taste. gently press (you will have to play around with what you like for dryness or how moist) and ready to serve.