Dj vu, SSers and Native Americans....

Florezian

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
So in the past year, I have learned more and more about the government restrictions. :/ I can't have chicks, I can't sell produce, even buying real milk is complicated.

I'm beginning to feel like this is the Native American extermination all over again. I mean, they were completely self sufficient. Herbal remedies, hunting, gathering, trading.... Then the government stripped their rights, and made them completely dependent on them.

Rather than let us have our chickens, and grow our veggies, they are off posting violations and controlling everything. They've let Monsanto take control of the seed world, pushing out small farmers. Didn't the natives fight as hard as they could, before they realized they just couldn't beat the system? Now it is a fight with money and lawyers, but same concept.

Anyone else see the connection?

I just thought about this recently... but jeesh. It HAS happened before...

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It happened even B4 then. Look at what it was like in England years ago. You couldn't hunt deer because they belonged to the king. (Of course that didn't stop people from doing it anyway.) And, I'm sure if we were to dig hard enough, we'd find example after example.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Kinda, only we aren't fighting as hard as the natives did. :hu

Neko-chan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
They haven't swept in and slaughtered us either, or told us to pack up and walk to some other godawful location...

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nope, like frogs in a pot of water set to boil...boil it slowly and they won't see it coming...it's been heating up for a long time now and few see it

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
How to catch wild pigs.

1. Put out some corn for the pigs to eat. Put it out every day in the same location.

2. Once the pigs are coming every day for the free food, put up one side of a fence. The pigs may be leery for a few days, but they'll be back.

3. Repeat step 2 until you have 4 sides of fencing up, w/just an opening for a gate.

4. Install the gate, but don't close.

5. Once the pigs are completely comfortable coming for the free corn, and it doesn't bother them to be in the pen, shut the gate.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
How to catch wild pigs.

1. Put out some corn for the pigs to eat. Put it out every day in the same location.

2. Once the pigs are coming every day for the free food, put up one side of a fence. The pigs may be leery for a few days, but they'll be back.

3. Repeat step 2 until you have 4 sides of fencing up, w/just an opening for a gate.

4. Install the gate, but don't close.

5. Once the pigs are completely comfortable coming for the free corn, and it doesn't bother them to be in the pen, shut the gate.
Here is a better version:

How to catch stupid people who think they have freedom but under appreciate it..

1. Put out some food stamps where the lazy can eat. Put it out every month in the same location.

2. One the lazy are coming every month for the free food, put up one side of a free healthcare system....

3. Repeat step 2 until you have free everything for some while the rest work to pay for it.

4. Buy votes for a crappy administration to "serve" the lazy folks.

5. Once the lazy are completely comfortable, kill the ones who work for them by over taxing, under serving, and working them to absolute death until just the lazy are left. Then everyone else can bend right over and smooch their big lazy....um...GOODBYE!

YOU LOSE! And so do you and you and you and you and.......

esmith413

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Wow I have been thinking the same thing lately. It doesn't help that I have been on maternity leave from work so I have been watching documentaries on netflix all day every day.:rolleyes: