DNS URL Redirect Attack

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Over the past day or two the site has been attacked by spammers. They were able to redirect our URL to various spam sites.

I've been working tirelessly with the tech team to find the cause and then a solution to the problem. The internet routing of the site's domain name (the DNS) and the URL routing got hijacked.We've since fixed the problem on our end, but it sometimes takes hours and even days for "propagation" of the fix to all the servers around the world to get the info that the change has been made.

It sucks that there are so many people around the world doing all they can to maliciously attack sites and servers. We've been lucky over the years that we've been able to keep most spammers and hackers at bay (even the big companies with all their money and experts have a hard time fighting the scourge), but we're working hard to ensure it doesn't happen again!

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Glad it is fixed. I was about to message you about it. I got really nervous, our old family ranch's page is different now because the website has been stopped and I was concerned that it was the same here.

Poka_Doodle

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It was down last night but I understand how hard you are working so I let people on TEG know

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've not been able to get on here and post until late yesterday! @frustratedearthmother want to talk about SS withdrawals? lol It's awesome to be back, I missed this...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Me too...and I hope the issues are fixed. I've actually been kind of afraid to even try to get on because when there is trouble afoot, it locks up my computer and I have to do a hard restart to even get back up and running. But, I love this forum...even though like was mentioned in another thread, participation seems to be level at best.