Do you believe?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Okay, I've been watching an episode of Ghost Adventures. It's all about paranormal 'stuff'. I will admit that there have been things that have happened at my house that would be really hard to explain.... so... my question is this: How many folks here believe in the paranormal?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I believe there are things that go on that are as yet to be explained.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I don't believe in ghosts as portrayed in popular culture. However, I do believe the unseen world is far vaster and more challenging than the seen.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Ephesians 6:10-12

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Believe in the paranormal? Many different interpretations of what defines paranormal. I think I agree with the statement that there are things yet to be understood.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a good way of thinking about it. 'Unexplainable' is a word we use around my house on occasion.

I even believe that there are things that we interpret depending on the situation and our own beliefs. In early August last year my sister passed under horrible circumstances. That night when I walked into my bedroom to finally try to sleep I glanced at the mirror across the room. The mirror reflected the time on my bedside clock - and the time was 11:34. In the mirror I saw 4311 and at that moment, in red glowing digital numbers, my mind saw the word 'hell' and it scared the he(( out of me. I thought it was my sister communicating to me that she was not in a good place. I'm sure it was just a coincidence and that because of the circumstances of her death my mind interpreted it that way. But to this day, I pray for her soul.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh frustratedearthmother- I hope you've made peace with your sister's passing. The 1134 experience would be a person's worst nightmare!

I've done a lot of paranormal investigations in the past and while I certainly have had some experiences that I cannot explain (in my own life and on investigations), more often than not I met haunted minds, not haunted places. The investigator in me HATES how sloppy and drama-prone the so called "investigation" shows are.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes I believe in spirits. And my house is haunted, but not in a bad way. It runs in my family that some of us are gifted with a sight or premonition that something will happen.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Thanks Team. It has taken me some months to get it through my thick head that I cannot change things that have already happened. I can only pray for her.

Baymule, unexplainable things happen in my house from time to time. I have never felt threatened or afraid... it's more that I am in awe.

I even contacted paranormal investigators, but I backed out. I don't fear anything in my house, and I don't need anything to change. I just sometimes wish I had an explanation.

I enjoy heraing other folks perspective on this issue!