Do you believe?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I live in Louisiana and I think most of it is haunted. I once worked in a clinic that had a lot of unexplainable goings on. I couldn't hear the screams that the others in the office heard. I just saw people that no one else seemed to see. A woman came in once and she looked nervous. She claimed to have previously owned the building and she kept looking over her left shoulder as I was checking her vitals and she said it had been a long time since she was there, so I asked her if she was looking for the ghosts and she got all wide eyed and asked me if I knew about them; to which I told her, I couldn't hear them; only see them. Thing is, I didn't know at first that anything was different about these people. I realized that something was diffinetely wrong when I got an extra little job of coming in over the weekend to clean up for about 4 hours and I saw a man walk into one of our exam rooms. He was wearing a nice suit, with brass buttons on the cuffs and he was holding a clipboard. I saw his profile and backside, as he opened the door and walked inside and closed the door behind him. It took me a while to gather enough courage to open the door and find the room empty. I left.......I was supposed to be the only one in the building. I was nervous, but I told my boss and her boyfriend that the building was haunted while we were eating lunch. I was dead serious. I expected them to laugh at me, but apparently they had already come to the same conclusion. I stopped coming clean alone. I'd bring DH or my kids.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I've had similar experiences rhoda. One thing is certain, we don't know everything that goes on in this world.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we are big believers here, we have had a lot of things happen. my husband gets "visits" from his dad. and the school he works at ( and i did for @ 5years) was and old mental institution. when they cleaned up the building they found and old electric chair in one of the basement rooms. we both saw a LOT of stuff there. and the kids even now ask my husband if he has seen things, or if the place is haunted. we were told to NEVER tell the kids yes or anything that we see.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My DH is in the medical profession and has worked at several major hospitals in the Houston area. There are always stories of 'haunted' hospitals. One institution in particular is well known for 'unusual' occurances. He tells me of many times that he's walked toward the elevator on a certain floor and the elevator doors open before he pushes the button. He says 'thank-you' and gets on but there are other folks who won't get on that elevator at all!

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When I was a new nurse, I got a job about 30 mins from my house and I didn't know all the residents. I was on night shift and I didn't really need to deal with all the patients there, unless something went wrong, so many of them were strangers to me. I was walking from a room I needed to medicate or treat a patient at and I crossed a hallway intersection, while going to the station. I looked to my right and there was an old man sitting in his wheelchair and he waved at me, so I waved back and continued. Then I said to myself,"Wait a minute. Its 1:00am. Maybe he is hurting or can't sleep. Maybe I should see if he needs anything," so I walked 3 or 4 paces backwards and looked right again and he was gone. This probably took all of 5 seconds. I just stared and said,"Where did he go?" and my aids were looking at me and asked what was wrong and I told them of the man and I figured he must have been right along side his room because there was no time for him to get very far, but they knew all the residents better than me and it was not possible for the residents down that hall to get up out of bed, unassisted. One of them said it was probably Such and Such and it scared all the aids, so they stayed in teams when they made their rounds. I got to know all the residents and none of the men down that hall was the old man. For a long time, the aids passed rumors that I saw a ghost. I only said that I didn't know if I saw a ghost or a really fast old man, but if it was a ghost he was nice.....he waved at me.
I worked at another home that many nurses and aids claimed to be haunted but I never saw anything out of the ordinary. I'd listen to their stories though.