Do you have ideas for re-using/recycling maxi pad wrappers?

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
Let me explain.

You know those almost fabric, soft, sort of decorative little packages some of the maxi pad companies started wrapping them in?

I don't know what they're made of, but they're strong, and they're soft, and it seems a pity to throw them away. But i can't figure out what to do with them.

Someone told me that they're meant to help you dispose of the used napkin, but i never do that, so i have these perfectly clean, unspoiled soft little pieces of wanna be fabric that i don't know what to do with.

Any ideas?

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
freemotion said:
:lol: My cloth ones have no wrappers! Time to make the switch, girl! :old :gig
Did you say cloth maxi pads?

I'm afraid to ask, but please explain.:hide

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Check this thread out.....lots of ideas, experiences, and variations on this theme.... http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=605

My first thought when I heard of this was :sick but as I continued googling and reading I had to try it.....being an avid sewer in my past, I got out my scraps of this and that and whipped up a few, and never looked back. I am ready for a new design, perfecting what works for me. Cloth pads are AWESOME. My research in this actually led me to this forum! So keep an open mind as you read....

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
PunkinPeep said:
Let me explain.

You know those almost fabric, soft, sort of decorative little packages some of the maxi pad companies started wrapping them in?

I don't know what they're made of, but they're strong, and they're soft, and it seems a pity to throw them away. But i can't figure out what to do with them.

Someone told me that they're meant to help you dispose of the used napkin, but i never do that, so i have these perfectly clean, unspoiled soft little pieces of wanna be fabric that i don't know what to do with.

Any ideas?
sure, I am an artist, and have used them to put clay in so it doesnt get hard, also I use them to separate my post it notes they fit in each just perfectly and when I am at the comp I always am using them...you could also use them in scrap booking for holding little things on the pages...just some ideas