Do You Like Where Your At...?

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
For several reasons, if i could i'd like to relocate.I can only do this if i sell my home, which has no mortgage or leans.
From an Emergency Prepardness standpoint,i'm in an area vulurable to hurricanes and a couple nuke plants.Maine is the only state that is nuke free, still fairly clean, has plenty of good water and clean air.I don't like their cold long winters, but no place has it all.I use to dream of a place in the pacific northwest, but for several reasons thats now off my list.Then for awhile Kentucky,Tenn., Ark.Missouri looked attractive, low taxes, nice land.But in light of the recent earthquakes, tonado's and natural gas ..fracking...thats out.Maine has higher taxes, but excellent seafood, which is important to me.I don't really care for the southeast or southwest for countless reasons.If i had to choose, it would be Maine.Of course some of ya's love it right where you are, and wouldn't move an inch...What would you change if you could...?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I really like Colorado, but I could use a shorter winter and more water. If I could move, I would be moving to Texas for political reasons.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I second Texas for political easons as well. Though, Tennessee isn't SO bad...except tornadoes :hide

KevsFarm

On vacation
Reaction score
Texas for politcal reasons..hmmmmmm, thats interesting..i know its no allowed, but i'd love to know what that entails..lol

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It is the opposite political climate of, say, MA or CA. That should cover it without starting a brawl.

:D

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I like the independent attitude of Texas, we'll just leave it at that ;)

ETA: Oh, and the longer growing season, and it is the farthest away from the Northern states as possible. I can't stand the North. The cold, the attitudes, etc. etc. The farther South the better, except for Florida, I can't stand Florida either. My, I am opinionated :lol:

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I am reconciled to staying in New England, at least. For the same reasons as Wifezilla! :lol: I am currently in Vermont, from Massachusetts, and thinking about moving back to Mass to be closer to family. I'm not fond of the long winters, but from a SS standpoint it is do-able. No earthquakes, although we are on a plate that could concievably have earthquakes. But they would be granite quakes, not the kind that liquify the ground underneath you like the Mississippi basin. We are far enough inland that hurricaines aren't likely, no tornadoes, wet enough that we have water and no fires.

I can never move to a state that doesn't recognize my partnership, so the red states are out for me!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'd like to move, but at this point in time, can't. I don't really mind the weather that much, it's normally not too cold in the winter, and not too much snow. And, while it does get hot and humid in the summer, it's no worse than most other places. I couldn't live where I don't have 4 seasons.

But, if something really bad were to ever happen in this area, I'd be stuck. In order to leave, I'd need to get over a bridge. And, since the rest of the population would be trying to do the same, we wouldn't get very far. Or, we'd have to head way north to the NJ/NY line. And, I have a feeling it would be as bad. Sometimes I've wondered about Tennessee.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Florida is it for me. I love everything about the part of Florida I live in. Have lived in TN, NC, OH, WI, but would not consider another state now. I'm far enough away from the bigger cities and right on the edge of a National Forest, the majority of the people around here were born and raised here, and it has a "country" attitude.

Latest posts