Do You Want Genetically Modified Alfalfa?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
This is coming around the bend and we better act soon or Monsanto will end up controlling every dam alfalfa field in the nation!

This link will tell you how to take action if you want to maintain normal alfalfa.

Remember this genetically modified crop will end up in you through the meat you eat!

This is from a consumer advocate group called Fresh.

Back in February, you signed the FRESH petition demanding that the USDA listen to our concerns regarding Monsanto's genetically engineered alfalfa.

Despite overwhelming opposition, the USDA is dangerously close to lifting the ban on GE alfalfa.

We've already sent over 10,000 signatures to the USDA opposing GE alfalfa, but we need to keep pushing. Let's continue to make sure that our voices are heard.

Senator Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Representative Peter DeFazio (D-OR) are currently circulating a Congressional 'Dear Colleague' letter in the House and Senate, asking the USDA to maintain the ban on genetically engineered alfalfa. The letter will be open for signature till June 4th.

PLEASE contact your Members of Congress TODAY and urge them to sign onto this letter.

http://action.freshthemovie.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3195

We need to be clear that we do NOT want Monsanto's genetically engineered alfalfa contaminating organic and non-GE alfalfa crops.

Alfalfa is one of the major food sources for certified organic animals. If the USDA lets Monsanto sell its new alfalfa, it will inevitably overtake organic alfalfa crops through the natural pollination process, threatening the integrity of organic dairy.

Please tell Congress to sign onto Senator Leahy's 'Dear Colleague' letter today. Together we can make our voices heard.

http://action.freshthemovie.com/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=3195

Eat safe,

Ana Joanes
Director, FRESH

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ha! I am not crazy! ( at least about this ) I got this from a friend a few weeks ago and mass sent it out via email to a bunch of other friends. I had a friend insist it wasn't going anywhere and I was the 'only' one who was really worried about it. Thanks Mackay!

Monsanto and other companies like them are systematically destroying agriculture, poisoning land and water sources , taking out family famers one by one with either lawsuits or pressure thats nothing short of thuggery, and doing their level best to remove OUR option to know what we are eating , where it came from and if its actually safe. While their foothold is here, they are terrorizing the world market the same way.

I cannot in good conscious feed corn to my chickens that is registered as a pesticide. We are preparing for rabbits and I did an exhaustive search for alfalfa to grow for them. I will not risk my rabbits eating something I would not eat myself. Go ahead and call me a paranoid freak, but the potato famine was nothing compared to what these companies are setting the entire world up for. So there! ( gets off soap box and opens a home-brewed beer)

hennypenny9

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My mom saw a show on PBS about GM corn... It freaked her out so much! She was saying something about how GM corn makes pesticides in your stomach??

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Not only does monsanto take out the family farmer and potentially organic farmers they are the cause of starvation and in my mind murder, in other countries.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hennypenny9 if you get a chance.. Check out The Future of Food. I believe its still posted on Hulu, so you wont even have to leave the house. Well worth watching.

Mackay, agreed! and with Monsanto employees holding high positions in the FDA, EPA and Supreme Court ( to name a few) they are getting away with murder as well.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Signed and sent, passed along to friends!
I can guarantee I will not get any response from 2 of MS's congressmen, but I am hopeful about the third.