Does any one sell their stuff on etsy

chickenjoe

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Does anyone on here sell your their stuff etsy. Just wondering because my wife wants to sell some thing on there. We were just wondering how well it works.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes, my husband is a talented woodturner and sells on there;

http://www.etsy.com/shop/millriverwoodturner

It's .20 cents to list each item which will stay on there for four months unless it sells of course. Then when it sells, etsy gets 3% of the sale price. They send you an online bill once a month. We like it!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
beautiful :D

I have isted a few things on etsy, but you have to have a way to drive traffic to your site to really benefit. Can't complain one bit about those low listing fees :D

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
beautiful :D

I have isted a few things on etsy, but you have to have a way to drive traffic to your site to really benefit. Can't complain one bit about those low listing fees :D
Facebook is a wonderful way of advertising! I've created a page for my hubby on their and requested my friends to become fans. There is a link to his etsy shop on there too.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
A girlfriend of mine started out on etsy with her glass jewelry, and advertised on Facebook. Got enough business to finally get her own site. It worked well for her :)

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Listing regularly helps too. Every time you list your item it is put to the top of the list. The more people that list similar items after you the further down you get pushed...making it less likely for someone to see your items.
A classmate of mine gets featured regularly with her purse/bags because of the colors. So every time she sees she is featured she posts it to her facebook account...therefore more people go to her etsy site.