Does anyone know of a great money management app?

cyrhere

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I use excel spreadsheets for keeping track of my daily expenses. I jot down where my money goes throughout the day on my planner and input everything into the spreadsheets at the end of the day. For next year though, I'm thinking of letting go of my planner and use a mobile phone application. Can anyone suggest of a great money tracker app? How long have you been using it? What's great about it and what's not so good?

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry...I still use a flip phone so apps are foreign to me, but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

cyrhere

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry...I still use a flip phone so apps are foreign to me, but I'm sure someone will be able to help.

That's OK MoonShadows. I'm curious as to how you keep track of expenses? I'm kinda new at all these bookkeeping stuff.

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Like you...Excel spread sheets for personal expenses...and QuickBooks for our home business.

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
We use everydollar.com. It so much easier than the paper spreadsheets I used to do. I use an app on my phone, so it is with me all the time

Everydollar.com is free. There is a premium version, but the free one is terrifically flexible and has the same great customer support.

It is based on Larry Burkett and Dave Ramsey "name every dollar" budgeting. However, it doesn't have to be used that way.

YoteMeadows

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We use Mint. It's listed in the link that MoonShadows posted. I like it because we (unfortunately) have a lot of debt still and Mint keeps track of everything money related all in one app. We have been using it for almost 6 months now. It has really helped open my eyes as to where it all goes LOL.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I use pen and paper myself, but I actually enjoy writing rather than typing/clicking, and I like mathematics. Plus, I'm a geek. :D So I will be of no help whatsoever just wanted to say hi and good luck finding a good manageable app.