Does anyone know the Inuit or Native Alaskan name for "Big Dog/s"?

Arctichicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score

I know this is probably a little off topic, BUT my hubby swears he heard the word before and he really liked it. We are starting up our kennel and trying to remember this name to incorporate into the name of our kennel and farm. We raise Giant Alaskan Malamutes so that was the main reason for wanting the name.
He thinks he heard it in the either the "snow dogs" movie or "8 below". Any help would be much appreciated...Thank you, Stephanie
:frow

I will be posting this on a few of the other forums too.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Arctichicken said:

I know this is probably a little off topic, BUT my hubby swears he heard the word before and he really liked it. We are starting up our kennel and trying to remember this name to incorporate into the name of our kennel and farm. We raise Giant Alaskan Malamutes so that was the main reason for wanting the name.
He thinks he heard it in the either the "snow dogs" movie or "8 below". Any help would be much appreciated...Thank you, Stephanie
:frow

I will be posting this on a few of the other forums too.
Wow, :p :lol:

robbobbin

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I wish there was more pet talk here. I love the forum-and when there is pet shampoo info and such-it is an extra pleasure. I wish I had some input in your quest, but already looks like you've gotten some good info.

I just got a new dog, and my friend who lives in NorthPole AK wants me to name him Dooby, hebrew for Bear-what comes to mind when you think about this name? I worry it might be a bad thing-but I kind of like the name.