Does anyone live near pine cones?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
mspony,

You live close to pine trees. Just head for the mountains. You should find them at higher elevations.
shipping is cheaper than gas these days :lol:

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL. its true Wannabe, it would be far more then $6 to go collect my own! I live on the beach, mountains are up a drive in a ton truck. I guess we do have a pine forest, an hour and a half away.

Thanks for the offers everyone!! I guess whoever collects them first on a walk? I had no idea there were different types of pine cones, I thought a pine cone was just a pine cone? Huh.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
We don't have any pine trees on our property. :( When DH and I were going through VA last weekend we stopped at a rest stop that had lots of purty pine cones so I grabbed about 6 of htem and stuck them in the car. :lol: I hid them from DH so he wouldn't call me crazy. :lol:

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I've been known to bring home pinecones too. My gma passed away when she was living near Lake Tahoe. I lived in Phoenix at the time and brought home a couple huge beautiful pinecones on the plane. I've displayed them in my house ever since!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Shipping might be cheaper than gas but you can't ship a walk in the woods.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Is ther anyone from Florida here? My folks go there in the winter often, and my mon says their pine cones are huge. i wouldn't mind having some of them. Sadly the folks are getting too old and their health is not great, so they haven't been back in a few years to get me some.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm in Florida. our trees were heavily damaged by Hurricane Ivan though and many here around the house have died, fallen or been cut down.

I can look if you would like? I start back to work tomorrow, but when I get a chance I will.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
For me, I am stil hopeful that my parents might go up this year, if dad is feeling up to it. My mom had brought some back (which is against the law to carry them over the border, shhh. ) but they are nice.

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Woods? Forest? What's that?? I feel like a fairie when I go through the eucalyptus trees to the bluffs LOL.

Has anyone found pinecones? :)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Haven't had a chance to look. I've been busy, we keep getting snow. :(

Latest posts