Don Maximo Soap?

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:frow Hi All:

I keep finding interesting things in our new (old) log home. Today it was 3 bars of Don Maximo bar soap. The print is in Spanish. On the back of the label it shows a hand rubbing a shirt with a bar of this stuff.
Has anyone ever heard of this stuff or used it? I can't tell you what the ingredients are, because they are literally in such small print I cannot read them even with my glasses on :ep
Geez, I hope I don't have to start using a magnifying glass like my grandma did :lol:
I wonder if I could grate this up like ZOTE - which I cannot find - to make some homemade laundry detergent....

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
It's from Mexico but would not be legal to sell in the USA because it has phosphates. If anybody is already using it- be careful with the greywater afterwards. The plants may like it, but the nearby creek would not.

cabinchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
It's from Mexico but would not be legal to sell in the USA because it has phosphates. If anybody is already using it- be careful with the greywater afterwards. The plants may like it, but the nearby creek would not.
Thanks. If the creek wouldn't like it then neither do I.