Don't sleep in the stuffy room.

dinesh

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
The recent survey done by the students of Tribhuban University has proved the evidence that sleeping inside the stuffy room can cause the headache and sometime can take the life. They have recommended that while sleeping inside the room don't close all the window tightly in summer season let them open to let the fresh air pass. Most of the people have habit to make fire and operate heater inside the room in winter season and forget to put off the fire and turn off the heater can invite vital circumstances. So be careful about the condition. If you don't like to keep the window open by some reason such as harmful insect or noise by vehicle you had better install Aprilaire Humidifier inside the room to control the level of temperature. So that you can sleep soundly without any obstacle.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I always sleep with a window cracked open.. My Mom always said fresh air was great for sleeping.

Do people who live up north do this? Or is it just to darn cold?

stano40

Power Conserver
Reaction score
If you open a window during the winter time here in the north you'll most likely wake up with an icicle hanging off your nose ... :lol:

bob/Maine

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
stano40 said:
If you open a window during the winter time here in the north you'll most likely wake up with an icicle hanging off your nose ... :lol:

bob/Maine
lol... yep, when the windchill is -45 degrees, you don't want that blowing in on you!

We leave most of the windows open starting when the outside temps are at least 40-50F... any less than that and it's just too cold for me :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
My inlaws in Ontario Canada sleep with the window open a crack every night. We do as well, most nights, but there are a few of those -40 days that we close them tight:>)

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I like sleeping under heavy blankets and a cold room. In the winter we don't have to leave a window open a crack- the air leaks in all by itself. :p

A tight house isn't good for you- air should exchange, even in winter. I think I have heard of really tight new houses that trap all the bad air inside because it doesn't leak.

mandieg4

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That has been one of the hardest things to get used to here in the South. In Nebraska we always opened all the windows at night to cool the house off then shut them in the morning. It kept the house relatively cool during the day and we had fresh air at night. Now that I live in Georgia it is just too bloomin' HOT all the time.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
My house can be drafty, too. I like being cool at night, and waking up with that "outside" smell while under the covers all warm....makes me think about camping!

honey123

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I like to open the windows not only for fresh air but also for sun light. At which ever time in the year, it will be possible for us to keep the windows open we are really happy. I feel that some of the insects are just killed by the bright sun light in the room. I love natural air and bright sun light too. I think the fresh air as well as some heat from the bright sun light is very much necessary for the room.