DrakeMaiden to the puppy phone!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
:frow Hey Dace & Framing Fowl!

Sorry I was MIA for the last week or so. I have had my hands full! That might even be an understatement.

The new puppy is adjusting well. At first I was wondering what exactly I had been thinking, bringing a puppy into the mix. She came with all the typical puppy behaviors plus a fierce independent streak! But she is a smart one and is learning how to fit in nicely. She is also a genuinely sweet girl, so I'm happy about that. Oh and she loves eggs! She found her first one in the yard and ate it a few days later, when she was left to her own devices. Now I am hard boiling an egg for her daily. This is great because we have too many eggs anyway.

I was worried she was going to whimper through the first night, as that is what I had read to expect, but she only whimpered when we first brought her home and then she settled in pretty well.

She is already to the point where she can go all night without needing to go out and relieve herself! I am impressed. :ya

Here is the photo I know you have been waiting for:

458_kaylasleeping.jpg

Oh, and her name is Kayla. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! What an adorable pup!

Thanks for posting the pic.....she looks very sweet :)

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
You don't have to be sorry. Cute puppy! What breed is she? They look so sweet and innocent when they sleep!

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. :D

She is a Great Pyrenees. We aren't sure if she will have the darker face markings or if they will fade like her mother's did.

LOL Yes, doesn't she look sweet and innocent?!!! We, of course, know better. ;)