Drawing paper for your kids

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone about what my mom does for my kids to supply them with drawing paper FOR FREE! She goes down to the local newspaper and asks them if she can have the leftover small rolls of paper. When the rolls get down to a certain size sometimes they will just put on a new roll so that they don't run out when printing the papers. We have gotten lots of paper that way and when we are ready to draw or paint we just roll out whatever size we need and cut it. This is also really good because you can let the kids lay down on it and trace out their bodies and let them draw on their faces and clothes and they have a lifesize picture of themselves! Also great for making trees, or snakes, or anything long!

So, next time you are in town and can go by the local newspaper just ask if they have any leftover paper you can have!

Lori

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
What a great idea! My kids love to draw, so this would really be ideal for here! Thank you!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
That's a great idea. We've been lucky that every now and then someone at DH's school cleans house and finds a huge pile of large sized tractor fed printer paper. We have tons. My son wasn't much into drawing when he was younger but lately he can't get enough! We're going through the stack fast!

Homesteadmom

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
The owners of the local paper used to go to our church & they would have someone deliver the end rolls to our preschool all the time. Boy did we really go thru it for the paint center! I got some from the a few times too, as we had an abundance a few times so I got a smaller roll. I was thinking of making an updated body drawing of ds as we had done this at the preschool when he was 4! 5 yrs later we should do one & compare them! :ep

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Homesteadmom said:
The owners of the local paper used to go to our church & they would have someone deliver the end rolls to our preschool all the time. Boy did we really go thru it for the paint center! I got some from the a few times too, as we had an abundance a few times so I got a smaller roll. I was thinking of making an updated body drawing of ds as we had done this at the preschool when he was 4! 5 yrs later we should do one & compare them! :ep
We have one of those of my son at age 5. He drew his internal organs. :rolleyes: Including the ones he calls his "tentacles". Use your imagination!! : X

big bertha

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We use to get the end rolls of paper from the local newspaper office. Not only is it great for the kids, it makes great packing paper. Wrapped all the dishes in it etc. No newsprint to get all over everything!