Drying herbs?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am not sure if this has been mentioned but I saw once that you just put the herb branches in a brown bag. So the branch kinda sticks out the top, tie a string around bag and stem. Hang it up somewhere, then in a few days carfully pick the leaves off and put in a glass jar.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Is there anything I could put in my dehydrator that would make it hold peas or beans? (they slip through the cracks a lot) Or would it just create a fire hazard?

Cassandra

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Have you tried using screen wire cut to fit your dehydrator. I am not sure how the metal would work but it would keep them from falling thru or either the plastic mesh that you use for yarn - gosh, can't think of the name of that stuff - anyway people use the plastic mesh to make tissue boxes and craft stuff. Anyway, if you can figure out what I am trying to say - It might work.
P.S. I am having a really bad day so bear with me if this makes no sense.

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
2dream said:
Have you tried using screen wire cut to fit your dehydrator. I am not sure how the metal would work but it would keep them from falling thru or either the plastic mesh that you use for yarn - gosh, can't think of the name of that stuff - anyway people use the plastic mesh to make tissue boxes and craft stuff. Anyway, if you can figure out what I am trying to say - It might work.
P.S. I am having a really bad day so bear with me if this makes no sense.
I know what you are talking about! I can't remember the name either. :D
Man, that sure brings back some Vacation Bible School Memories. ;)
I will look for a sheet of that next time I am shopping. Seems like it would work perfectly.

Cassandra