DSL is a-comin" up the hill!

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
For the last couple of weeks AT&T crews have been working on the trees and wires on the road coming up the hill to my place. I finally asked ibe if guys working if it was DSL coming- he said YES. :ya

I know it has nothing to do with self-sufficiency but imagine moving in to the twentieth century never mind the twenty first.
No more playing solitaire while waiting for a page to come up- no more being unable to see pictures or run videos'
Hmmmm.... I wonder if my old computer can handle it.

There's and old joke around here from the time the pulp mills ran stinky smoke and the fish processing plants ran all year. It's not that the county died in the 1950's- it just smells that way.
It is still behind most of the rest of the county but at least I can catch up at more than dial-up speed. :clap

Of course they are stinging those new lines on the same old redwood trees...................

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Congrats!!! I'm rural, but we run our internet on cell phone towers. It's faster than dial up, but I don;t know how it would compare to DSL.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DSL is wonderful!

I know you are getting it right?

I had DSL with my SUPER OLD computer and yes it handles it! :)

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
Well- the house is off the road by about 500 ft or so- I wonder if I have to pay anything to add extra wiring to my house or whether it comes through the same wires from the road- I know nothing about how it's done.
And I suppose it depends on the price- If it's too expensive, i suppose I wouldn't do it.
But even getting this close is getting acknowledgement that we really do exist. :lol:

Latest posts