Dump Man strikes again!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My husband is well known at the local "transfer station" which everyone still calls the dump. The guys who work there know that a. he's a tech. ed. teacher who works with metal, teaches photography and video, repairs small engines and builds hovercrafts
b. plays in a local band
SO they save stuff for him. And he either uses it, gives it to someone who can use it or sells it on Ebay. Tonight his auction of a dump saxophone ended at $127.61! For something that someone threw away at the dump! He's done better. He got over $300 for a bass drum that he rescued. :cool:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Holy crapola!! I need some stuff like that to list :gig

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Proves the old addage: "One man's trash is another man's treasure." ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
that is so cool
great money made from dump stuff...you can't go wrong there! great hobby for him to have also, wanting to sell things he gets. making money instead of spending it! :)

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW...I wish we could get stuff from the transfer station. They have a sign up that says you cant remove anything. Lucky, lucky. Keep on recycling LOL.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I think he needs to buy those guys at the station lunch. They are hooking him up big time.
That's a great set up. He must get some really great finds. Thanks for recycling. :D

makerofstuff

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
My husband drives truck from the transfer station to the dump. What people toss out as trash would curl your hair. ie. I have a Dyson vaccum because someone trashed it because they couldn't figure out how to dump the container out. It even had the box and all the warenty info... so now I have a vaccum with a warenty. (can't spell had to take a pill I will fix it tomorrow) I have a turkey fryer, and even my lawn mower and snow blower were tossed out. I am considering putting some of the stuff up on CraigsList but don't know about how that all works yet.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
My husband would be so jealous! It drives him nuts that people will throw things away just because it is inconvenient to fix them, even though he benefits from it from time to time.
I'M jealous because we actually bought a Dyson vacuum and I know what they cost!!! =: 0

Latest posts